cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Fresh Soy cleanser vs Youth to the people Superfood cleanser

Hi all!
I have combination (more oily), sensitive, acne-prone skin. I am trying to decide between the fresh soy cleanser and youth to the people superfood cleanser. I am looking for a gentle cleanser.

Re: Fresh Soy cleanser vs Youth to the people Superfood cleanser

I have similar issues with my skin and I've had great success with First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser so I suggest you try it when you get a chance. Great product for sensitive skins and it really cleans your skin without drying it. Such a great gentle cleanser! I did try the Fresh Soy cleanser and it didn't do it for me. It didn't feel like it was cleaning my skin at all, it was just way too gentle for me. Hope this helps and good luck! First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL

LOL, this is why skincare is so hard to gauge. I personally dislike this cleanser so much! And I tried it twice because it's been in at least a couple sample packs. I kept trying it because it is so well reviewed for acne prone skin and works for so many people. Also such a good brand. 

I like both. I am using the Fresh Soy cleanser right now and it replaced the YTTP one. So I use both on a regular basis (as a morning cleanser/second cleanser at night...neither removes makeup properly for me).

Both are very gentle and frankly basic so you are getting down to what I consider the micro differences. Obviously a lot of people commenting here prefer YTTP...but the soy one is a huge best seller and I like it too. I recommend trying minis from both brands to see what you like. Lots of value and gift sets offered by both brands. 

Also want to add...I also have acne prone problem skin. Neither cleanser will really solve the problem but it doesn't make it worse. 

I have oily and acne prone skin. Bought the mini size Fresh soy cleanser and i didn't like it either. It just felt like a basic cleanser and I didn't care much for the smell either. I have not tried the YTTP superfood cleanser tho, but I guess you could try out a sample size and see for yourself.

@horsiegal333 

I had a sample size of the Fresh one in a set a while ago. I didn't feel like it was doing anything special or anything at all. It was just one of those products that leave you unimpressed & indifferent for me. Overall, I think it might be too gentle for your skin type. (As a side note: I have combo skin as well, which tends to be sensitive & dehydrated & likes to break out as a result of that, unless it gets enough attention.)

I haven't tried the YTTP yet but I think it might be the better choice. Maybe buy the mini size instead of the normal size, this way you can try it out & see how you like it without spending too much money. 😉

@horsiegal333 Hello! I have very similiar skin conditions, except I'm dehydrated as well. But I really like the YTP, I do not like the fresh one at all.

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 16 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing