Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
Anonymous Insider

Found this Old Questionnaire

Hey Y'all. I found this old questionnaire while sifting through circa 2012 sephora conversations (don't ask lol). I thought it might be fun to bring it back 😄 I added a couple of my own too!

-What skin type do you have?

-How many times do you wash your face daily?

-What is your current facial wash?.

-Do you exfoliate? 

-What brand do you use?

-What moisturizer do you use?

-Do you have freckles?

-Do you use eye cream?

-Do you or did you have acne prone skin?

-Did you ever use Pro-active?

-Did you ever use Neutrogena?

-What serums do you use?

Re: Found this Old Questionnaire

What skin type do you have? Combo: oily nose (and around my nose), kinda normal forehead, dry everywhere else. 

How many times do you wash your face daily? Twice, now that my dermatologist has scolded me for not washing with a cleanser in the morning. (I used to wash with just water and toner in the AM, vs. a cleanser in the PM.) If I exercise mid-day, I wash my face afterward, so that’s 3 times a day. But my workouts usually happen at night, so I can do my PM skincare directly afterward. 

What is your current facial wash? I’m trialing new ones because my usual PM cleanser (Origins Plantscription) is too drying in the AM. This week I’ve been using Paula’s Choice Hydrating Gel-to-Cream Cleanser in the morning and Paula’s Choice Hydralight Cleanser at night. So far, so good! 

Before my PM wash, I use micellar water to remove any makeup and help remove sunscreen: either LANCôME - Bi-Facil Face Bi-Phased Micellar Water Face Makeup Remover & Cleanser or TARTE - Micellar Magic Makeup Remover & Cleanser ; and 

Lancôme Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover 4.2 oz/ 125 mL for eye makeup. 

Do you exfoliate? Yep: chemical exfoliation 2-3 times a week; physical (FOREO - LUNA™ mini 2 ) exfoliation once or twice a month. 

What brand do you use? Chemical exfoliation: FIRST AID BEAUTY - FAB Skin Lab Resurfacing Liquid 10% AHA . I also occasionally treat for acne with Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Gel. 

What moisturizer do you use? Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 mL most of the year. In frigid winter weather, I switch to DRUNK ELEPHANT - Lala Retro™ Whipped Moisturizer —but this winter I’m going to try layering my YTTP moisturizer with Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Oil with Squalane and Antioxidants 1 oz / 30 ml

Do you have freckles? Nope. I have hyperpigmentation, though, plus a common (among people of color) skin condition that causes dark raised spots on my face... I always forget the name of it. 

Do you use eye cream? At night, I use my YTTP Superfood moisturizer or a facial oil (usually e.l.f. Nourishing Facial Oil, Biossance 100% Sugarcane Squalane Oil 3.4 oz / 100 mL , or KORA Organics Noni Glow Radiant Eye Oil .34 oz / 10 mL ) under my eyes. For daytime, I’m working through my bottle of Biossance Squalane + Peptide Eye Gel, which I love, but I want to try replacing it with my night routine. 

Do you or did you have acne prone skin? Moderately acne prone, I guess. My pimples usually appear randomly and not grouped/clustered. Right now I have a new one forming on my brow bone. I also have cystic acne along my jaw. 

Did you ever use Pro-active? Nope. Can’t touch it even if I wanted to: I’m allergic to benzoyl peroxide. 

Did you ever use Neutrogena? I tried one of their Naturals facial washes years ago. It caused a bad reaction. 

What serums do you use? THE ORDINARY - Buffet , Youth To The People Superfood Firm and Brighten Vitamin C Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL (testing it this month, not sure I’ll keep using it), and DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum. Oh, and I just got a bottle of Paula’s Choice Hyaluronic Acid Booster. EDIT: forgot to list The INKEY List Retinol Fine Lines and Wrinkles Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL 

@HonoraBoon Fun!  Here are my answers:

-What skin type do you have? Combination

-How many times do you wash your face daily? Three

-What is your current facial wash? First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL

-Do you exfoliate? Yes: BHA 9 by Paula's Choice in a.m. and spot treat in afternoon; 8% AHA by Paula's Choice in afternoon; PHILOSOPHY - The Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash

as needed (I use an old formulation, though, as I don't like their current one)

-What brand do you use? See above

-What moisturizer do you use? Cetaphil Night Moisturizer around my eyes; CeraVe PM on perioral region.

-Do you have freckles? Not really

-Do you use eye cream? Not per se.  I use FIRST AID BEAUTY - FAB Skin Lab Retinol Serum 0.25% Pure Concentrate

and OBAGI CLINICAL - Retinol 0.5 Retexturizing Cream

around my eye area, and my serum around my eyes (see below)

-Do you or did you have acne prone skin? I had the usual high school acne, and it tapered off a little in college.  Now I keep blackheads at bay with BHA, a scrub as need, clay mask as need, Retin-A and BCP.

-Did you ever use Pro-active? No

-Did you ever use Neutrogena? Yes!  I was told in high school to use their Facial Cleansing Bar by my derm.  I used it for years, which probably did more harm than good.  I switched to their Fresh Foaming Wash several years ago and really liked it, until it became too harsh.  I've also used a lot of their scrubs over the years before I got into chemical exfoliation; also oil blotting sheets (I now use Traget); body wash (I use Target now); spot treatment (which I later learned is a real disaster of a product); BHA (2% gel which they discontinued); etc!

-What serums do you use? First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Hydrating Serum

My answers will be boring because I use my esthetician's private line for most of my products 😛

-What skin type do you have? Combo, with the added joy of sensitivity and mild subtype 1 rosacea.

-How many times do you wash your face daily? Twice

-What is your current facial wash? Private label "Foaming B5 Wash," plus Bioderma Sensibio when I need to remove makeup. 

-Do you exfoliate? Gently, and about once a week. 

-What brand do you use? Private label BHA/enyme peel. 

-What moisturizer do you use? Private label moisturizing sunscreen in the fall/winter, EltaMD UV Clear in the spring/summer.

-Do you have freckles? A few. 

-Do you use eye cream? Currently trying The INKEY List Caffeine De-puffing + Dark Circle Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL

-Do you or did you have acne prone skin? Oh lord yes. Accutane was a life-saver when I was in high school, and while it never got quite so bad again, I've struggled on and off. I stopped getting hormonal acne and angry underground bumps after I had Mirena implanted, so I'm super nervous to have it taken out! I also was diagnosed with rosacea around the age of 30, which was helpful because I was confusing rosacea flare-ups with acne, which aren't treated in the same way. 

-Did you ever use Proactiv? Once, then never again. Awful. 

-Did you ever use Neutrogena? Nope. 

-What serums do you use? Private label rosacea relief serum. 

Basic AM regimen: cleanser, rosacea serum, Vitamin C (trying a new private label product), sunscreen, eye cream

PM: cleanser, rosacea serum, rosehip oil, night cream, eye cream

Weekly: BHA/enzyme peel, mask with rose quartz roller, occasional treatment like THE ORDINARY - Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5or The Ordinary Azelaic Acid 10% Suspension Brightening Cream 1 oz/ 30 mLdepending on skin needs

Fun! 

-What skin type do you have? Dry 

-How many times do you wash your face daily? once

-What is your current facial wash?KORRES - Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanser and Heimish PH cleanser

-Do you exfoliate? yes - chemical 

-What brand do you use? DRUNK ELEPHANT - T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Resurfacing Night Serum

-What moisturizer do you use? right now FRESH - Lotus Youth Preserve Dream Night Cream

-Do you have freckles? nope

-Do you use eye cream? Yes - well serums  - KORRES - Black Pine 3D Sculpting, Firming & Lifting Super Eye Serum

-Do you or did you have acne prone skin? I did

-Did you ever use Pro-active? no

-Did you ever use Neutrogena? Yes  - their orange face wash

-What serums do you use? I tend to cycle - right now CAUDALIE - Vinoperfect Brightening Glycolic Essence , Snow fox hydrating serum, and the Drunk Elephant TLC Serum 

@HonoraBoon Here are my answers

What skin type do you have? Dry/combo

-How many times do you wash your face daily? Once a day

-What is your current facial wash? Origins Checks and Balances™ Frothy Face Wash 5 oz/ 150 mL

-Do you exfoliate? Once or twice a week with Origins GinZing™ Refreshing Scrub Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL

-What moisturizer do you use? FRESH - Rose Deep Hydration Moisturizer and Tatcha ageless enriching renewal cream

-Do you have freckles? No

-Do you use eye cream? Yes. Tatcha eye cream at night and Drunk Elephant C-Tango™ Vitamin C Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL

-Do you or did you have acne prone skin? No

-Did you ever use Pro-active? No 

-Did you ever use Neutrogena? No

-What serums do you use? DRUNK ELEPHANT - C-Firma™ Vitamin C Day Serum, DRUNK ELEPHANT - B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum, Tatcha Violet-C Brightening Serum 20% Vitamin C + 10% AHA 1 oz/ 30 mL

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 18 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing