Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Face serum

I have very dry skin, and break out what’s a good light weight serum? Brands and products. 

Tags:

Re: Face serum

Hi gorgeous @sleepypanda! I have been using The Ordinary Amino Acids + B5 1 oz/ 30 mL and I love it! It has a water like texture and just a few drops are enough to leave the skin feeling hydrated and not greasy. It absorbs so fast and easy! It has great hydrating ingredients. And you cannot beat the price!!! And as others have already suggested, any hyaluronic acid. I have used the one by The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 Hydrating Serum and loved it as well! It has Vitamin B5 which is also an amazing hydrator.

Hyloronic acid topped off by an occlusive moisturizer to seal in the moisture. This helps the water molecules that you put into your skin to not evaporate which exacerbates dryness of the skin! For more helpful science, knowledge, and product recommendations, check our Dr. Dray on Youtube - she is a board certified dermatologist! 

I’ve been loving the glow recipe’s niacinamide drops for my dry skin! It also has hylauronic acid in it which is great for dry skin. 

You will need acid hyaluronic. This type of acid with hydrate your face. Every brand have some good. If you use to do allergic reatic you try Avene or Vichy if not try Biotherm (it is going to be cheaper to) or Belif. 

You also need to change you cleaser. Try maybe more a milky solution like the one from Caudalie. Then for your cream, do not use fluid because it is going to be to light, soo choose a riche one like SOS hydra from caudalie.

@sleepypanda Not a serum, but a great oil to incorporate for dryness that is super light-weight is the Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury  Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL I have combo skin that can range from dry to oily and I really benefit from this product regardless of the condition my skin is in at the moment. This is not a heavy oil but my skin adores the ingredients within it. It's a bit pricey but you can probably get a sample to try out at your local Sephora. Also, a little goes a long way. I only use 3-5 drops with my application, sometimes I mix it with my moisturizer to get a good boost during those dry days. 

If you're looking for a serum in particular, I have to recommend the Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Resurfacing Night Serum it's super light-weight and never dries out my skin. This is more targeted towards acne however it also help cell turnover and assists in smoothing skin which can be really helpful for dry patches. Also on the pricier side but it's something I continue to restock and that my combo skin cannot live without.

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing