Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Face Cleanser recommendations please!!

I have combination skin that is more dry on the sides, especially when it's not summer. 
I have been using FAB Beauty's Ultra Repair Wash for years, but it's being discontinued.  Their face cleanser dried out my face too much.

Any recommendations?  I use a Clarasonic brush, so the cleanser would have to work on that.  Oils  just make me break out,especially in cleansers.  I need something that will take care of my oilier t zone, and not leave the rest of my face skin peelingly dry.

RE: Face Cleanser recommendations please!!

the one tht works for me in Neutrogena deep clean cream cleanser. it gives me this fresh sensation on my face so it feels like its working

I love the Tarte rainforest of the sea deep cleansing gel!!

Re: Face Cleanser recommendations please!!

Been really loving this Fresh face wash. It's very gentle on my skin, but at the same time it breaks up my makeup SO WELL. I'm not a heavy makeup wearer, but I have on foundation, bronzer, blush, contour, brow pencil AND gel, plus mascara and this product cuts through it ALL, leave my skin feeling EXTREMELY clean.

On top of that, it doesn't leave my skin dry! It's just an AMAZING product. 

Not hydrating enough on it's own, obviously, so still follow with a serum and moisturizer... but man, this product is a 10/10. 

https://www.sephora.com/product/soy-face-cleanser-P7880?skuId=487694&icid2=products%20grid:p7880

I love all things Fresh, but the soy cleanser's oil messes up my skin!   Thank you for the recommendation though! ❤️

I have dry to normal skin, and I love Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash. It leaves my skin clean without stripping all the moisture out of it. A little goes a long way, which is always nice. It makes a nice, rich lather and rinses clean. I'm not super picky about my cleanser as long as it doesn't overly dry my skin, but I keep coming back to this one.

I can't say enough how awesome philosophy's Purity is. I...

I can't say enough how awesome philosophy's Purity is. I have been using it for years with and without my clarisonic. It's perfect for all skin types.

Some of my favorite cleansers are Neogen green tea foam cleanser, and any Murad cleanser. And my most recent obsession is the Epionce lytic gel cleanser. 🙌🏻🙌🏻You cant find this brand at sephora but it is an amazing brand.

check out consonant brand. my go-to for skin care. 

Anonymous Insider

It took awhile, but at age 50 I discovered DHC's olive oil line and have been faithfully using for 11 years. The Deep Cleansing Oil melts makeup and mascara off my face. I follow with olive soap to remove any trace left behind, and pat a few drops of Olive Virgin Oil on my face and neck. Unfortunately this product (from Japan) is only available on line. I am going to try Shiseido products and will post how the two compare.

I have combination skin and of all the products i've used, the Ole Henriksen brand has worked really well for me! I have tried probably 60% of the products- sample/full size- I cant say I have a favorite..they have all worked wonders for me!

Check out Bioderm BIOSOURCE Fresh foam hydra-toning cleanser!! I have dry cheeks and oily t-zone and I used this cleanser for so long! It's a creamy foaming consistency which doesn't dry out my cheeks but balances out my t-zone! In the winter sometimes if I'm feeling extra dry I switch to the pink bottle version which is just more moisturizing.

I absolutely love and recommend tartes rainforest of the sea gel cleanser, it's so gentle, and effective even to remove tough mascara. I also use the friction stick exfoliater, which again is gentle, yet effective ! Such a great skincare line and cruelty free😍

Derma E.

Anonymous Insider

Philosophy's purity cleanser worked well for the short time I was able to use it, Cetaphil's daily facial cleanser is what I use daily and it's been great.

I have been using Clarins One Step gentle exfoliating cleanser, with my regular moisturizer and it has been a revolution for my sensitive combination skin!

Works well with my Clarisonic too!

CeraVe foaming cleanser works great. Their hydrating cleanser is also a great one. 

I too am dry and rather sensitive to most face cleansers. I use either cetaphil or Cera ve cleansers with my clarisonic.

I've tried *so many* face washes for my combination (runs to dry more than oily) skin, and what I finally found that works consistently for me is Kate Somerville's daily gentle exfoliating wash, whatever it's called - not the ExfoliKate, that's too harsh, the one for daily use. It's stupid expensive, but you don't need a lot, so it lasts a while. 

I don't use a clarisonic, tho, so I can't offer an opinion on how they would double up. I'd suggest getting the small size of the face wash, to limit your initial investment, and use it for about a week or two before you decide on whether to keep on with it. (It takes a week or so for your skin to adjust, so don't make a judgment after just a few days.) Good luck!

The Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip is AMAZING. I am oily but very sensitive, this product helps with the oil but does not over dry, strip or cause any reactions for me.  I also use her oils and I have never been able to use an oil.  This line is magic, plain and simple.  

If you want a balm Eve Lom is great as well, again it has never broken me out and I really react badly to anything heavy as well...

Go get samples of both, you won't be disappointed

Conversation Stats
testing