Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Eye cream

Hi i am 41 can you give me suggestions for good eye cream and serum please 

thanks

Re: Eye cream

Hi @Foziaawais  I swear by these products... the Ordinary for those dark circles ,Drunk Elephant gives you that lift and vitamin C and the SHisedio fights the wrinkles and great for moisture. The shiseido ultimune eye serum I have been using for years no matter what eye cream I use I always use the serum. 

The Ordinary Caffeine 5% + EGCG Depuffing Eye Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL Drunk Elephant C-Tango™ Vitamin C Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL  

Shiseido Ultimune Eye Power Infusing Eye Concentrate Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Smoothing Eye Cream 0.51 oz/ 15 mL 

@Foziaawais  What specific issues do you want to address around your eyes? Wrinkles/lines under the eyes? Crepey skin? Wrinkled lids? Puffiness? Bags? Dark circles? Extremely dry skin under your eyes? Something else? 

Last year, I religiously used Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum to address primarily darkness (caused by sun damage) and crepey skin. That serum did wonders for my undereye darkness—well, except for darkness caused by hollow tear troughs (only an injectable filler can touch that, and I'm not yet willing to have that done). It also firmed up my undereye skin a bit. 

This year, I've been using NIOD Fractionated Eye Contour Concentrate. (NIOD and The Ordinary have the same parent company: Deciem.) It's softened my lines a bit and helped hydrate my very dry undereyes, plus it reduces my puffiness. I'm almost done with the bottle and not sure I'll repurchase it, but I've enjoyed using it. 

On retinol nights, I bring my full face retinol serum up onto my undereyes and around the sides of my eyes. I keep it off my eyelids and brow bones. For 1 or 2 years, I used The INKEY List Retinol Fine Lines and Wrinkles Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL and loved it. This year I began testing SOBEL SKIN Rx 4.5% Retinol Night Treatment and I find it's faster-acting than The Inkey List's serum. (The 4.5% sounds super scary, but I think it's mostly granactive retinol.) Once I'm done with this bottle, I'll test a retinaldehyde product recommended by my dermatologist. (Retinaldehyde is another type of retinoid.) I don't use a prescription retinoid like tretinoin because it'd be too harsh for my skin right now, but that's also an option if you're looking to address lines and hyperpigmentation. 

In the morning, I bring my full face vitamin C serum up around my eyes, keeping it off my brow bones and lids. I currently use and love Farmacy Very Cherry Bright 15% Clean Vitamin C Serum with Acerola Cherry 1.0 oz/ 30 mL but will try something different once this bottle's done. 

I don't use any product specifically labeled/marketed as "eye cream." Instead, I just use my full face moisturizer all around my eyes. Sometimes I use a facial oil around my eyes instead, or I layer it under (or over) my cream moisturizer—especially if my undereye skin is irritated. My favorite inexpensive yet fantastic facial oil is e.l.f. Nourishing Facial Oil. I also love Herbivore Emerald CBD + Adaptogens Deep Moisture Glow Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL and Flora + Bast Age Adapting CBD Serum under my eyes. If my undereye skin is super dry and flaky/scaly, I just apply plain ol' Aquaphor Ointment to that skin to keep it very well moisturized and help it heal. (If you're allergic or skin-sensitive to lanolin, consider something like CeraVe Healing Ointment instead.) 

If you reeeally want something marketed as "eye cream," well... one I used to use and loved is Biossance Squalane + Peptide Brightening & De-Puffing Eye Gel 0.5 oz / 15 mL . I stopped using it because it was kinda redundant with the DDG eye serum: both products hydrated and firmed my skin and provided good antioxidants. The DDG serum addressed dark circles better than the Biossance eye gel (because the DDG serum contains retinol), while the Biossance eye gel provided moisturization via squalane. 

Yes, and maybe she can cleanse with Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm Limited Edition Very Cherry 3.4 oz/ 100 mL - it is a moisture-rich cleanser.

Hi 

i have fine lines in under my eyes when i am smile its more Prominent mostly my eye corner.

thank you soo much for halping

No problem @Foziaawais ! Hey, when you reply to someone, be sure to tag them (@username) so they'll get a BIC notification about your reply. 🙂 

For lines under and around the eyes: if you really wanna "erase" them, your best bet is Botox or an injectable filler. Both of those are temporary... if I recall correctly, they last 3-6 months. Also, those injectables aren't cheap. But if you're willing to pay for it and aren't squeamish about needles around your eye (which is the main reason I won't have it done 🤣😬), it's a great option. 

If you don't want to use retinol around your eyes or get injections, you could try The Ordinary Argireline Solution 10% Serum for Facial Wrinkles 1 oz/ 30 mL instead. I've never used that serum, but I know several folks who use it as an eye serum. 

Spoiler
Argireline is a peptide that's hailed as a topical alternative to Botox injections: both products inhibit nerves that make your face contract. Frequent facial expressions are one major cause of lines and wrinkles, after all. The way I see it, I've earned my undereye lines after years of smiles and laughter. But I understand wanting to at least soften them up so they're a bit less visible. 

Anyway, I haven't looked up the latest argireline clinical studies, but I'm not sure there's been enough study to back the claims about this stuff. Then again, folks I know who use it, swear by it. Obviously it won't work as quickly or completely as Botox. But at The Ordinary's price point, it might be worth trying. 

Oh, and I forgot the most important anti-wrinkle product of all: sunscreen. The sun is the other major cause of lines and wrinkles. A sunscreen with minimum SPF of 30—worn whenever your skin is exposed to sunlight, all day, every day, all year long—is the best anti-aging product you can buy. 

Spoiler

The trick is finding one that won't irritate your eyes, since you should apply sunscreen all around that area, bringing it right up to your upper and lower lash lines. Depending on your skin tone and whether or not you use foundation/concealer/etc., you might also need something sheer vs. anything that leaves a white, grey, or purple cast. If you already know all this and have a favorite sunscreen you use around your eyes: hooray! If not, it's a great habit to get into. 

I suppose an alternative is a big pair of sunglasses that protect against UV rays, but even then you're not completely protected from sunlight that hits your skin from the sides, top, and bottom of your shades during wear. So, even when I wear shades, I also wear sunscreen around my eyes. 

@WinglessOne 

I like how detailed you are. Shows passion and knowledge.

Sephora has some great eye creams for 40+ 

Caudalie Premier Cru Anti-Aging Eye Cream

CLINIQUE All About Eyes Rich Eye Cream with Hyaluronic Acid 1 oz/ 30 mL

Tatcha The Silk Peony Melting Eye Cream 

Thanks

Reviva Labs Firming Eye Serum is great.  It has vitamin c, peptides, and alpha lipoic acid, all for around $18 for a full ounce.  It has more proven ingredients (and gives better results) than the much pricier creams sold here.  Then put your facial moisturizer over it rather than paying $$$ for a tiny jar of eye cream.  If you use retinol in a cream or serum, you should be able to use it everywhere but your eyelids.  If you aren't using a retinol or retinoid product already, at 41 I would definitely recommend you start.  I personally use the Curology prescription service for my retinoid.  They tailor the strength specifically for your skin, as stronger isn't always better if it irritates your skin too much to use it regularly.

Thanks dear❤️

Thanks dear

@Foziaawais  do Gua Sha on your eyes.

You will need to drain the lower parts, under the eyes. (Watch a Lanskin tutorial, I personally think those are the best. But whatever one you like!)

It is so worth it! Helps all the products named here by Beauty Affecionados absorb much better too. Really gives a lift to the eyes, like a mini brow lift and also depuffs. Put in freezer.

I am currently working day and night on my neck. ("Nothing to do when you're locked into vacancy.")

BEFORE: Look at the crows, I couldn't even smile by the Christmas Cake without some of this. Oh well. It is not really important, but since we are discussing skin and eye skin... I had makeup on here. But below and to the side, can I smile with like half a crow?BEFORE: Look at the crows, I couldn't even smile by the Christmas Cake without some of this. Oh well. It is not really important, but since we are discussing skin and eye skin... I had makeup on here. But below and to the side, can I smile with like half a crow?

AFTER: Full smile, maybe more smile if I compare, but less crow. Especially under the eye. No makeup here, before bed skincare on and absorbing. I do the Gua Sha at night oddly, morning I am lucky I can get dressed.AFTER: Full smile, maybe more smile if I compare, but less crow. Especially under the eye. No makeup here, before bed skincare on and absorbing. I do the Gua Sha at night oddly, morning I am lucky I can get dressed.

Notice the difference - fewer wrinkles, brighter, and note my eyebrow is higher because it gave me a lift. (My smile is more intense if you look at the wideness of my smile in #2). It opens the eyes (by relaxing fascia so fewer wrinkles, drains adds pressure which adds blood flow so nutrients brought to the skin surface), and just....

LESS CROW after 9 days. For me, this is now mandatory. Plus spas are closed so I have learned to give myself the best facials, and I love it.

I laugh to myself when I think of how my eyes will have improved after another few weeks, with results like that after 9 days.

I use the first jade tool, but all others tagged should work for you. I want to upgrade already to something Nephrite but later I will. As I want more pressure on my neck, I have some chicken to work out in that area.

13 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 26 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos2
  • BEFORE: Look at the crows, I couldn't even smile by the Christmas Cake without some of this. Oh well. It is not really important, but since we are discussing skin and eye skin... I had makeup on here. But below and to the side, can I smile with like half a crow?
  • AFTER: Full smile, maybe more smile if I compare, but less crow. Especially under the eye. No makeup here, before bed skincare on and absorbing. I do the Gua Sha at night oddly, morning I am lucky I can get dressed.
testing