Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Dry hands

Anyone know of a great treatment for dry hands? I'm constantly washing them and they are so cracked!! Nothing is helping me..

Re: Dry hands

Look up Nova Scotia Fisherman Extreme skin care. All their lines geared towards repairing cracked skin. They also carry cuticle rescue. You can find their stuff @Healthy Planet. Or you can order directly from their website. 

coconut oil every night before bed!

It's not a Sephora product and it's technically for dryness around your nails, but Lush's Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter. I used to have a problem with hang nails and cracked cuticle beds due to dryness, however one application of this product now clears them up for at least 1.5 weeks! The packaging also says it can be used on any rough or dry skin on the body, and I've tried it on calluses with promising results.

A fingertip-sized amount is enough for all my nails, and thanks (I'm guessing) to its composition of multiple oils and butters- including shea, soybean, avocado, linseed, mango seed, coconut, castor, and lemon- rather than just one. It also smell delicious (like a lemon cake- if you like that scent), and as a Lush product, it's cruelty free! 

Full disclosure- it does contain two parabens: methylparaben and propylparaben.

RE: Dry hands

Okeefes working hands!

RE: Dry hands

I love paraffin treatments and anything LUSH for the skin on my body. Like others have mentioned L'Occitane hand creams are amazing. I carry one with me everywhere.

This Stuff Has Saved My Hands I Have Very Bad Dry Skin And Eczema This Is The Only Thing That Works When My Hands Are Cracking.

RE: Re: Dry hands

Aveeno baby eczema therapy. I use it to help with deep cracks on my heels and hands. Hope it helps you too!

I used to have the exact same problem as you, my hands were cracking even so extremely that they started to bleed. The best advice I can give is to cut back on hand sanitizers that are overly drying, and mouisturize frequently with aquaphor or vasaline

Anonymous Insider

Try Eucerin Advanced Repair Dry Skin Lotion. It contains Ceramide-3 to retain your own skins moisture.  I recently saw it highly recommended by dermatologists on Dr Oz ! They said to use it right after you shower, like within 3 minutes, to seal in moisture then for hands after you wash them. 

Thank you so much ladies!!

You should look into a moisturizing hand sanitizer. Also washing your hands really frequently will dry them out even more. In my experience, you should keep a hand lotion on you at all times, and remember that the stronger the scent of the lotion the less it will do for your skin. Look into something with coconut oil, shea butter, or

suad wrote:

Anyone know of a great treatment for dry hands? I'm constantly washing them and they are so cracked!! Nothing is helping me..

vitamin e.  

Washing too much dries out your skin, so if you can't wash your hands less, try using lower temps and gentler soap in addition to using lotion.

@suad I swear by Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream.  It is amazing, inexpensive, and lasts forever.  People in healthcare swear by it!  It's also a top pick on beautypedia.com.  I highly rec it!!!

2nd that neutrogena, when bad i will apply kinda thick at nite with cotten gloves

Hi, 

Good old Nivea in the tin, try to get the one Made In Germany.  

For Sephora, higher-end options,  L'Occitane Almond Smoothing and Beautifying Milk Concentrate is fabulous.  It has an almond scent that is beyond lovely.  

I also use it as a face cream and it works like a charm.

Fresh Seaberry Restorative Body Cream is another great option.  Fresh also offer a Seaberry Nourishing Hand Cream, but you get less product.  All of the Fresh lotions are great ... they have various lightly-scented choices, too, and they're not too expensive.

It's nice to have an inexpensive option plus a more luxurious cream, if the budget allows. 😉

Let us know what you choose.

best,

Holly

Coast of Maine, USA

I have dry hands also, hope this works for me

I love Neutrogena's Norwegian Formula Hand Cream. It comes in a small bottle and it literally lasts you forever.

Coconut oil, 1/4 tsp at night.  It absorbs pretty well and smells good.  

As soon as you dry the water off, put a small dab of Aquaphor to seal in moisture. You well notice a difference in a few days.

All my favorites were mentioned above but what I really like to do is use l'occitane shea butter at night when it can really sink in and FAB during the day because it doesn't leave an oily residue that makes grabbing anything a slip and slide. Both are extremely gentle as well and work wonders.

Conversation Stats
testing