Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Dry hands

Anyone know of a great treatment for dry hands? I'm constantly washing them and they are so cracked!! Nothing is helping me..

Re: Dry hands

First Aid Beauty's Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration is quite nice. I have eczema on my hands and I find it soothing and hydrating. 

This product is amazing https://www.yu-be.com/ Sephora used to carry it, but I can't find it on the site anymore.  A little goes a long way and it is a great moisturizing lotion.  

My sister loves using the Juara Candlenut Body Creme on her hands.

Personally I have terribly dry hands during winter but I can't stand the feeling of most lotions. I like using a light fragrance free cream (first aid beauty or cetaphil) over an oil (using avocado currently) when it gets really bad. I use it at night and it really helps.

Totally agree that L'Occitane hand cream is the bomb! 

RE: Dry hands

I love L'Occitane hand creams. They worked great for me when I lived in NY and Boston. I always have a hand exfoliator from No. 7 that I use every 3-4 days during the winter.

I love helping hands cream from lush, I don't love the smell but it works for me and I work in healthcare and also wash my hands all day long and I live in dry Colorado!

I'm kind of still searching for that holy grail. vaseline over hand cream is probably the most effective esp after using a hand scrub nightly. Okeefe's did nothing for me. I was pretty disappointed. Cetaphil is so so for me but no better than the vaseline over hand cream combo

Honestly? Go to Fleet Farm, or a similar type store, and ask for a moisturizer for "farmer's hands" or "mechanic's hands." Those formulas are no joke and are usually a tiny fraction of the cost of something fancy from around these parts. 🙂 Regardless of what moisturizer you use, though, get yourself some beauty gloves (you can get them in the Health & Beauty aisles at Target) and after you slather yourself with lotion before bed, put on your gloves. It helps more than you would think.

Kiehl's Ultra Hand Cream is amazing and has saved my cracked and super dry hands!

Okeefes working hands Lotion. I know it sounds ridiculous but I wash my hands probably at least fifteen times a day and they used to crack and bleed. Nothing else worked.  I swear it's a life saver! No bleeding hands since! Baby smooth! Inexpensive as well, a little goes a long way. 

I use Vaseline mix with some jojoba oil drops not only it smells great but repairs any cracks and also makes skin beautiful , glowy . To be honest I use it on face too just a natural illuminator without any harmful chemicals

I recommend glysomed hand cream although it isn't sold at sephora you can find it at any local stores probably around you it's in a green bottle. I recommend it times 1000 my entire family loves it . It is so moisturizing and smoothing 

I have heard great things about Farmacy's Honey Salve hand cream

Aveda's hand relief works wonders. I keep the trial size in my purse at all times. Vaseline is also a great cost-effective alternative like what the previous poster mentioned. Nivea cream or Becutan(eastern european) cream are also great alternatives I keep at home to repair severely dry skin -which work anywhere you find dry patches.

Honestly I buy the travel tube of Vaseline and coat them with plastic medical gloves then follow with a good moisturizer (your hands feel weird otherwise!). My go to lotion is cake beauty's milk made but in the winter I love their milk made body butter for my hands. Make sure you're lotioning whenever you wash your hands too!

Use aquaphor cerave
37 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing