Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Drunk elephant thread

Ladies I think we should create threads for skin line products to answer questions and talk about new products. Since drunk elephant is one of my favorite skincare lines, I wanted to start a thread

RE: Drunk elephant thread

Drunk elephant is getting a skincare line.

Re: Drunk elephant thread

Any tips re: The Trunk 3.0? How fast does it usually sell out? Is there a chance of getting it during the VIB sale?

@cherrie033 I don't know about sephora (in fact I don't think they even get the trunk in stock?) but last year DE's black friday promo was 20% off the trunk on their site. 

Another day... another brand being sold and ruined.

Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 1.59.58 PM.png

It's Shisheido !! I don't know how I feel about that but I guess better than EL probably. I really hope the DE is able to retain the philosophy they started (avoid suspicious 6) with and also the airless pump packaging !! Their two USPs. 

I really like DE.  Hope selling it to one of those huge beauty brands doesn't mess it up!

@veronika23 I violently hated their customer service and stopped buying from them for that reason. I do hope it's shiseido instead of EL that's for sure.

@veronika23 @PrettyPaint 😭😣

Re: @veronika23 @PrettyPaint 😭😣

My feelings exactly @lmaster 

@veronika23  Seriously 😒 ? I hadn’t heard this...

Sure looks like it @PrettyPaint 

@veronika23  I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. I didn’t realize there was talk of a parent company, but I guess it looks like it’s been in the works for a while. I wonder if they will remain cruelty free, change formulations, change pricing, etc. 

@PrettyPaint  I feel as though every time a company is bought it changes for the worst sadly. EL ruins everything...  And just look at what's going on with ABH now. 4 palettes releasing back to back in the span of a few weeks. Ugh. The monopoly kills the industry...

@veronika23 I sadly agree. I also am completely confused by the "vision" behind those abh palettes. At least it's curbing my palette spending I suppose! 🙂 By the way, I just ordered from what I think is one of your favorite companies (barefoot venus??).

@PrettyPaint  I think the vision behind the palette was greed. Push more stuff out hoping for more sales/profit. I think they'll end up in the sale section. I like both 2 and 3 but not buying... maybe when it's on sale lol. Oh yes!!! I love Barefoot Venus. What did you get??? I love their maple blondie lip balm, instant hand repair, body cream and the scrub. But mainly can't live without the hand repair. I use it pretty much every night... and now I've gotten some cuticle products from different makers in polish pickup and love using it together.

@veronika23  Oh you do polish pickup too? I just recently heard about them and have treated myself to a small order each month...haha. I have some anchor and heart cuticle oil from there that's really nice. From barefoot venus I got a discovery kit and a hand repair mini bundle (with black coconut, lavender smoke, lemon freckle, and pink pepper). Can't wait to try! 🙂

@PrettyPaint  I sure do!!! I usually do a small-ish order every month too but this month was out of control! Too many pretties!!! 😄 Oh good to know you like the anchor oil. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks! I got their strengthening base this month. Hope it's a good one. Ohh nice! Sounds like you'll have some great things to try. Hope you like them! Let me know your thoughts on it. 🙂

@veronika23 I actually kept it under reasonable control this month because I've been bad. I got dreamland bats full of shame and quixotic door 13.

@PrettyPaint  oh nice! I also got door 13! Can't wait to get my order... even though I just got last month's like yesterday. 😄 😄 😄

@veronika23  I'm really excited for door 13 as well. I currently don't have anything on my nails, though, because I'm trying to get them in better shape and similar lengths. I was almost there and then I broke my index finger nail the other day (not to be too dramatic, but I was pretty irritated). 

@PrettyPaint  I know exactly how you feel. I have nothing on my nails at the moment as well because they keep breaking. 😞 You have every right to be irritated... it's a pita.

Conversation Stats
Photos32
  • 193FCDF0-1BFA-46B4-8624-6651D698FDB8.jpeg
  • 47F9BF27-A617-4546-B9A7-1847AEAF319A.jpeg
  • 6B92BCEE-783E-4FC7-A9A6-6F276A4B056E.jpeg
  • 29CBBAE1-7464-4A8B-ADA2-8CE7FD36102A.jpeg
  • 09D8F514-77AA-43AD-A1FA-37713F3ADEFE.jpeg
  • 0288A5C2-6BCF-46C6-A308-B4C9F69E8FB6.gif
  • C98DF849-B31C-488C-AE0E-5900BA76E037.jpeg
  • tenor.gif
  • Screenshot_20190328-190052_Instagram.jpg
  • From Instagram @rivas_nathan,  space nk has it in stock but ont on the US site
  • Screenshot_20190328-200020_Instagram.jpg
  • 30C736D1-2299-4279-9186-3A1F6C0D0AD2.png
  • Credit:  sephorainsidejcp_gf @Instagram
testing