Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Drunk Elephant Face Cocktails

I just got the DRUNK ELEPHANT - A-Passioni™ Retinol Creamin the mail this week and there was a little note in the box about how it can be mixed with Framboos, B-Hydra, and C-Firma which really surprised me considering everything I've read says not to mix retinol with actives. I tried mixing it with a pump of the C-Firma and half-pump of B-Hydra ... at least temporarily it took my skin to a whole new level. This might be my new dream serum under my cream!

I regularly mix my B-hydra and C-Firma, or C with D-bronzi or all three B-C-D. Has anyone else tried mixing things up with Drunk Elephant products and found their HG cocktail? Please share so we can all try!

Tags:

Drunk Elephant Face Cocktails

I actually bought the day selfie kit and the night one as well. I was surprised to read that I could mix the Retinoni with other products. I have prescribed Retin A for anti aging but because it's not covered by my insurance, I was looking for something cheaper. if your skin isn't used to using a retinol cream, I would start with a pea sized amount of the A Passioni twice a week after washing and toning your face. I usually wait 20 minutes like my derm had told me before I put anything else on. After that, depending on how my skin feels, I usually just follow up with the Drunk Elephant La La Retro Cream mixed with a little of the Protini from Drunk Elephant as well. However, I am starting to move away from Drunk Elephant and using more of the Ordinary and Fresh and my skin seems to like these other products as well. So does my wallet as the Drunk Elephant products are so expensive. Hope that helps.

Re: Drunk Elephant Face Cocktails

I got the day shelfie and night shelfie kits too. But I also straight up binged on full size DE products before c-mas because I had tried a lot of samples over the last year that helped improve my skin so much. Finally figured out that silicone triggers breakouts for me. My dumb self tried inkey list retinol serum anyway b/c the ordinary has been out of stock. Ugh, giant flaming cyst on my neck... no to silicone (inkey list retinol has silicone way too high on the ingredient list for me) That’s why I finally just ordered DE retinol. I use the ordinary niacinamide as a spot treatment, and love their rose hip seed oil and replaced my BabyFacial with their aha peeling solution which I like a lot. I had been using a lot of Fresh products, but in my attempt to ditch silicone I have had to find replacements. The other brand I’ve got samples of to try that appear silicone free is Biossance.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing