Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Dark under eye circles

does anyone know a cheap, but effective product for my under eye circles? ive always had to put concealer around my eye, because its blue and purplish in color. i dont know if its because im fair, but ya'll i need help! thank ya'll if you guys respond :))

Re: Dark under eye circles

Cheapest options are drink a lot of water and use a colour corrector.  I'm super fair too (my dad is a ginger). I've found many correctors are too dark, which only exaggerates my circles! The Smashbox x Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector is great!  While the initial cost is not cheap, you hardly use any, so it lasts a really long time!!  I find the best way to apply it is to warm a tiny dot between my ring fingers and gently pat it over my dark circles until smooth.  I found it too thick to apply any other way.  

Re: Dark under eye circles

@HappyLonghorn  Depends on what’s causing your dark circles. If they’re genetic/hereditary, then no topical skincare product will correct them; makeup (concealer and/or color corrector) is your best cheap effective option. Ditto for dark circles caused by sunken skin, such as hollow tear troughs; that’s mostly what causes my dark circles. 

Since your dark circles are blue/purple, I’m guessing they’re not caused by UV damage. (That’s something skincare could address.) If they’re caused by lack of sleep and accompanied by puffiness, a cold compress and/or an eye cream or serum containing caffeine plus skin soothers like green tea and licorice root might help reduce the discoloration, but probably won’t eliminate it. I feel like a hypocrite by saying “the best solution is to get enough sleep” because I’m a chronic insomniac; heck, I’ve been awake for about 1.5 days now. But yeah, more sleep will help that. If you’re an allergy sufferer and have my bad habit of frequently rubbing your eyes, that can also cause dark circles. For that, I take an antihistamine pill and put a cold compress under my eyes. 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing