Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Clean Sunscreen

Sunscreen is so underrated, specially among the young generation. I have  16 year old daughter that spends more than 5 hours a day under the sun. She plays tennis in a High level competition, I have spend so much time searching and trying all type of sunscreen, and still have not found the one. Some of them I feel that make her skin so red and even look sunburn, other ones she feels that burn her face when she applies them. I have to say that I spent so much money on sunscreen and still looking for one that its clean and sooth her skin and her need. 

any recommendations? 

Re: Clean Sunscreen

@PacificoInc  Have you tried a mineral based sunscreen for her face?  The biossance one is lovely Biossance Squalane + Zinc Sheer Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 PA +++ 3.38 oz 100 mL  ,

But if she feels it burns her face she might be allergic to something in the sunscreen,  you might check it out with a dermatologist to figure it out, all I can say is regular sunscreen burns my face so when I use mineral based sunscreen I don't get the same reaction. I hope you find something that dosen't irritate her skin.  Also, if she's sweating allot she would need to apply her sunscreen throughout the day for it to be effective. 

Good luck!

@CynthieLu Thank you for your response, I haven't tried a mineral I will try this one and for sure I will keep you post it.

That specific one doubles as a moisturizer as well, not sure of your daughter's skin care routine.  I use anything on my body but stick to mineral based *mostly* for my face, because that can cause my skin to burn.  I love sport Banana Boat broad spectrum sunscreens  spf around 50+ and water resistant for the rest of me. It's harder to protect my face but I wear hats and make sure to re apply and re apply. 

There are alot of mineral sunscreens for the face, if they work for her I'd love to hear about it, good luck @PacificoInc 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing