Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Bumps and Uneven Texture

This past year I have been struggling with texture issues, specifically getting bumps on my forehead (some red some flesh coloured). Any recommendations for products that will help with this sort of texture? Currently I cleanse with boscia thermal black cleanser or fresh soy cleanser and moisturize with ptr water drench or first aid beauty mositruizer. I also use farmacy green clean makeup meltaway and micellar water some nights. 21622302_10212955147026157_221404431_n.jpgbumps.jpgI recently pruchased the luna mini 2 and have noticed breakouts along my jaw line now, but other than that I like it and am going to keep using it unless breakouts continue! 

Thank you in advance for any suggestions! 

Tags:

Re: Bumps and Uneven Texture

I had this same issue on my cheeks. I had skin colored bumps and I used the Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion & Peel System. It worked very well for me. 

RE: Bumps and Uneven Texture

I have found that I will start getting bumps if I don't stay on top of exfoliating and using some sort of pore clearing acid product. My skin is actually dehydrated most of the time, so I love deep hydrators, but making sure everything is really clean before I restore the skin's barrier has helped me a lot.

Herbivore's Blue Tansy mask has been great for texture in my experience! It's worth asking for a sample to check out before you commit, but the full size lasted me for months. 

It sounds like you are using good products in your routine so far, but how often do you exfoliate? Using something like the Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel Pads or the Tatcha Rice Enzyme Powder are daily exfoliants that will help to smooth out texture and reduce hyperpigmentation. If you aren't exfoliating, that layer of dead skin can trap dirt and oil creating those raised blemishes and bumps. As far as the breakouts from using the Luna, your skin is probably just going through a purging period because it is providing you with a deeper clean. Keep with it and you will notice an improvement within a few weeks!

Continue using the boscia thermal cleanser and use the charcoal pore puddy mask 3 times a week. Then use the tsubaki splash mask over night. It will work wonders!! Love this brand. I have similar skin problems

As some of the other ladies have mentioned: I would recommend looking internally at diet first and water intake first. Also, if you're stressed you can tend to break out around your forehead. If you work out or are using a towel at a gym, those towels are often washed with extremely harsh detergents. I had similar breakouts and when I stopped using the towels, it helped. Try using a gentler cleanser because you don't want to aggravate your skin. The cetaphil gentle cleanser is usually safe, or look into k-beauty cleansers (they tend to be more gentle). Vitamin c, centella asiatica, AHAs, and BHA as ingredients can also be helpful.

Proactiv+ (just the cleanser and moisturizer) in combination with using the Peter Thomas Roth Bubbling Mask (every week) and Benzagel as a spot treatment completely cleared up my skin. If you are using makeup remover wipes, be sure to follow up with a cleanser to remove residue. I've found that not removing this residue resulted in breakouts for me every time (miscellar water included. Drink plenty of water and try to avoid dairy if possible.

It's such a challenge. I recently suffered from a severe breakout and felt so self conscious. I haven't broken out that way since my teenage years, but please trust me you'll be cleared up in no time! Best of luck :).

Elemis exfoliating scrub

Yourskincarespot.com

I totally get this struggle! When my routine isn't working for me or I sleep with makeup on, I always get bumps on my forehead. Are you using toner? Using a good toner (alcohol free) will absolutely change your life, I promise. The Shiseido balancing softener is one of my favourites (usually sold out 😞 ) and I find that toner really helps to clear and seal up my pores. I also recommend some other things: 1. Maybe the cleanser you're using is too gentle and not cleaning your skin well enough? This + not using toner could really be clogging up your pores. 2. Use a primer under your makeup to prevent your foundation from seeping into your skin. 

If none of this works, try using a chemical exfoliator (if you're comfortable.. this can be pretty harsh on sensitive skin) to help clear your skin. Vitamin C in skincare is an exfoliating ingredient, as well as other AHAs and BHAs like salicylic acid. Careful mixing these though... do some research so you know what not to combine (i.e. Vit C + Niacinamide is really bad). Good luck!

Thank you so much! 🙂 Any suggestions for a chemical exfoliator? 

Sorry for the super late reply! Chemical exfoliants are usually pretty expensive but I like ones from The Face Shop which are more affordable. The papaya one is great. The Body Shop also has 3 different peeling exfoliants for different things. I currently use some by kbeauty brands like Innisfree which are great but much harder to find in North America. I hear Boscia has good ones too, though they're more pricey.

I heard some products bring out all the impurities and then clear it up , but you have to keep using it. I say this because of the oil so maybe go on the Luna oil section here on the app and read all the info on how to use it and stuff. I'll be honest I think your problem is more internal than external I heard this from my nutritionist and I have having the same exact problems as you and I have never everrrr had acne or any bumps so I was freaking out. She did a few facials using natural products but what really helped me out was the microdermabrasion and also the MAIN thing was I started drinking a gallon of water a day cause she told me my body was probably full of toxins and I needed a detox . So she started me with water and I saw a tremendous tremendous difference. They've gotten a lot better so I would recommend start with water , then stop everything you're using for a week. And see what differences you see, then start again one by one and see what you notice and write it down or keep a log. Hope it helps !

Re: RE: Bumps and Uneven Texture

thank you so much. I agree. I am such a bad (picky) eater and I haven't had nearly as much water as I used to drink. I never had these bumps or acne before, so you're right, its probably that! 

Try some Josie Marin face oil. They are hydrating but gentle. I've never had any problems with them.
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 25 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
Photos2
  • 21622302_10212955147026157_221404431_n.jpg
  • bumps.jpg
testing