cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Breakout

Hi!

Ive recently been breaking out on my cheeks I believe it’s from the masks but I’ve never had such bad breakouts in my life and I’m not sure how to work with it. If you could suggest any tips and products that would be amazing 

I usually have dry skin so it’s throwing me off 

Re: Breakout

The best skin care ingredients to look for to treat acne are salicylic acid (a BHA), retinol, and niacinamide. 

The Inkey List Salicylic Acid Cleanser is a good way to add salicylic acid to your skincare routine. I have also heard amazing things about Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant. The Inkey List Retinol Serum has helped me with breakouts, but retinol can be very drying so it's always recommended to start using it slowly and then build up overtime. Also if you use retinol it's sooo important to use SPF during the day because you will have increased sensitive to sunlight (if you're not going to wear sunblock then skip the retinol). Finally, The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% serum is the holy grail of niacinamide and is very affordable. 

You don't need to try all of these products at once, but instead try adding one at a time and see if there's any improvement. Also, fragrance in products can cause irritation for a lot of people, so you might want to swap out your current products for some fragrance free versions (such as CeraVe cleansers and moisturizers). Hope this helps!

What products are you currently using in your skincare routine, @Katielynn166?

I currently use a mix of things for face wash I use dr bronners soap in peppermint, and glossier milky jelly cleanser for toner I use peach slices snail rescue blemish toner and revolution skin care 2% salicylic acid toner and then for face lotion anything I have on hand. 
I know not having a set thing isn’t the best for my skin but it’s never had a problem till now 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing