Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Best SPF

Hey, Im 17 and trying my hardest to find the best kind of SPF for my skin to try not to harm much skin much more than it already is. Thank you so much and I love you guys!!

Re: Best SPF

@KenzieMae101 I think if you're already looking at sunscreen that's a great step in keeping your skin protected. 

I love k-beauty sunscreens they just have access to more sunscreen filters that aren't approved in North America yet (they haven't updated the list since the 90s!).

My absolute faves are the Purito sunscreens (literally all of them) they have a phenomenal chemical sunscreen (centella scented and unscented) which leaves a more dewy finish or the mineral sunscreen (comfy unscented) which is a matte finish.

Two other great chemical sunscreens (that are a little more expensive) are the Keep Cool Bamboo Sun Essence and the Krave the Best Shield.

Hope that helps!

What's your skin type, @KenzieMae101?

I have dry skin

I have dry skin

Hi @KenzieMae101!

The most popular sunscreen is the Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL .  It wears well under makeup.  Another good one for lighter skin is Farmacy Green Defense Daily Mineral Sunscreen.

My favorite part of both sunscreens is that not only do they protect against UV rays from the sun, but also against harmful blue light that comes from computer and phone screens!  Blue light is just as harmful as UV rays so I like to turn off blue light when using electronics to go the extra mile and protect my skin and eyes.

If you want to defend your skin further, you can use Fresh Kombucha Antioxidant Facial Treatment Essence 5 oz/ 150 mL morning and night.  The antioxidants help fight blue light and other environmental stressors.

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing