Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Beginner Self Tan

Spoiler
Spoiler

I’m just trying to find the best most natural Self tanner for body and for face. Never done it myself but I have gotten a spray tan done years ago, it was blotchy and orange. I’m fair skin toned with neutral under tones. I’m not trying to get super dark, just something that is noticeable but buildable as well so I can go to Desired shade eventually. I’m overwhelmed with so many mixed reviews on everything also lost on how to do it.

The aftercare and the prepping. Like what moisturizers and spfs can I use alone and/or with the drops I’m just lost 🥴

Re: Beginner Self Tan

@JustChelsi I don’t really need to self tan so much on my face, but for my body I add a couple of drops of Isle of Paradise Self Tanning Natural Glow Face Drops to my moisturizer and it’s perfect! My fave body moisturizers are anything from the Sol De Janeiro line (except the original Bum Bum Cream cause it actually has a slight tint to it) or Hempz for a more affordable option. That’s the self tanning routine I’ve been using for years and have had no issues with blotchiness, uneven fading, or staining.    

Yes I’ve been seeing that one everywhere I talked myself out of it because the mixed reviews and some women turned a little orange  😅 which is why I can’t ever make up my mind and I will definitely take a look into the moisturizers. I’ve seen the brands you’ve mentioned and never chose them smh thank you 

My favorite self tanner is Josie Maran Argan Liquid Gold Self-Tanning Oil Juicy Mango. I have not self tanned recently but I would apply prior to bedtime. I never found it on my bedsheets. It has a pleasant scent and it is super easy to apply with the mit that the self tanner is sold with.

Wow the review photos it looks so soft and natural 😍 thank you I’m definitely wanting to try it. I just need to stop second guessing I’ve never self tanned and I’m so pale I’ve wanted to try it because spray tans scare me ever since I looked orange and blotchy. Do you recommend a certain moisturizer or has a routine that made it so nice? 

I use Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter as my body moisturizer @JustChelsi. I will start to exfoliate about 5 days in. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing