cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Anonymous Insider

Bad skin

I don’t suffer from big pimples/acne, but I do suffer from textured skin and bumps on the face and small pimples. I don’t know what to do about it. I have dry skin and I’m scared of putting things on my face that will make me break out more. Any advice?

RE: Bad skin

Whenever I hear “tiny pimples”, I start to add up all the money I’ve spent combating them only to make the problem worse. I advise a visit to the dermatologist, especially if you’ve been trying to improve your skin for some time. You might require a prescription topical for a bit, and in my experience it was the only way I could get rid of those annoying bumps. Definitely saved me time, money, and my skin in the long run.

Bad skin

Is your skin sensitive?
Anonymous Insider

Re: Bad skin

@HazelEyedQueen

Well, to cleanse my skin I use the face wash by Desert Essence and I use that nightly. To hydrate my skin I use Shea Moisture Bamboo Charcoal Mattifying Spray, the Shea Moisture Soothing Toner & Hydrating Mist, and I use the Shea Moisture Daily Hydration Overnight Face Oil when before I go to sleep.

This is the face wash I useThis is the face wash I use

I can only give suggestions. I would suggest incorporatin...

I can only give suggestions. I would suggest incorporating salicylic acid or a retinoid for acne treatment and hyaluronic acid for hydration. Since salicylic acid can be drying and thin the skin, it's not necessarily a long term treatment. Retinoids are also drying but can be used longer. They work to remove the dead cells from our skin produced by cell turn over. They unclog the pores. Hyaluronic acid assists with hydration and creating a moisture barrier on the skin. All the products can help with the skin's texture. If you have tried salicylic acid and didn't get the desired effects or if it was too drying, I'd definitely try retinoids. I use The Ordinary for products like that because, although their products are potent and effective, they aren't overly pricey. They also detail plans that can help with your targeted goals. Each product is broken down and explained. (I'll include a picture of a "regimen" and product breakdown for examples). They even have peels comparable to luxury brands in results with much better prices.

Re: Bad skin

@Anonymous what do you currently use to cleanse and hydrate your skin?

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos3
  • This is the face wash I use
testing