Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Bad Products

Okay but like what products should I stay away from... I have a combination of both oily and dry skin and I'm new to Sephora skincare. I'm 14 years old. Any tips? Helpful Products? and Bad Ones?

Re: Bad Products

Hi @AnastasiaDay ! I’m also a teenager, and I second Youth to the People products Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser . I also love the Inkey List! There products are super affordable and effective. The INKEY List Niacinamide Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL . Some advice I have is to not over do it with your skin. Don’t exfoliate too often, and don’t use products that are super harsh.

If you wear makeup, don’t use makeup wipes! They’re super bad for the environment and actually damage your skin in the long run. Instead, try a micellar water, and using a cleansing balm Glow Recipe Papaya Sorbet Smoothing Enzyme Cleansing Balm & Makeup Remover 3.4 oz/ 100 mL .

Also make sure you’re moisturizing and wearing sunscreen every day.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or ever want some advice. Have a wonderful day 💕

I have that moisturizer. I never broke out from it but it’s just not a favorite of mine at all. It feel greasy on. Anyways, yeah I’d just stop it and when they go away u can try it again if you want and see if they come back to know for sure it was the moisturizer. 

I would avoid experimenting if your skin is so young with minor issues.

find a good moisturizer (I use YTTP Hyaluronic acid one), an SPF (I used a tinted spf not sold at Sephora). 

invest in a (1) great cleanser (I use YTTP), (2) take your makeup off with miscelluar water not face wipes, a (3) toner (depending if you need it for acne or just brightening), an (4) SPF and  a (4) moisturizer. 
mosituize your neck and avoid sun damage! 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing