cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Advice for nighttime routine:

Hi guys,

I’m no rookie to skincare, but I feel stuck trying to figure out a nighttime regimen. I would love to hear any recommendations or products y’all have tried. Let’s get down to it…

First: My skin is extremely sensitive, and as a guy, more so after shaving. I like to keep my face smooth, so I usually shave every other day. As a teenager, I made the mistake of using a foil shaver for over a year almost every day. My skin got to a point where I developed discoloration on my cheeks, mainly botches and red spots. As I became more knowledgeable about shaving, I switched to a traditional razor and have seen improvement in the tone of my skin. So, prone to redness, and cystic pimples (usually on my chin).

Second: Here’s a little background on products I’ve tried as a my nighttime regimen. For about a year I used the “Eudermine,” and White Lucent” line from Shiseido. I loved the products, but saw very little improvement in the overall tone and evenness of my skin. (I may upload pics later) Then I tried Origins’ “Plantscription,” Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair, and the La Mer Treatment Lotion. The Origins’ moisturizer seemed to clog my pores and cause cystic breakouts, I loved the La Mer stuff and the EL Night Repair. The EL Night Repair is the only serum that doesn’t sting or burn when it’s applied. Still, very little improvement. Currently I’m using drug store products. A witch-hazel toner, L’Oreal Revitalift pressed night cream, CeraVe oil free nighttime moisturizer, and a 20% vitamin C serum. I also tried some samples of Dior Capture Totale and liked it.

Finally: I like being able to layer products, and prefer an essence as opposed to a toner. If anyone has recommendations I would really appreciate them, I’m not too picky about brands. Anything that could help in lightening discoloration.

Thanks! 😁

Re: Advice for nighttime routine:

@EPryce Have you tried Tatcha Indigo Overnight Repair Serum in Cream Treatment 1.7 / 50 or any of the other Tatcha Indigo products? I know a few people who swear by them. I haven't had the chance to test them yet but I can't wait until I do. 

Re: Advice for nighttime routine:

I think I’ll give it a try, I’ve heard mixed reviews about Tatcha, mostly good things though. Anything negative was mainly due to fragrance in their products, wouldn’t bother me since I’d use it at night. Thanks! 😀

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing