Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Acne scars products

I’m just looking for a skincare routine or product recommendations. My skin is oily and I have a chronic skin picking issue, which probably creates more acne but I feel I pick at my acne because I fear if I allow my skin to do it’s thing and not pop black heads/pimples then they will become much more intense. I currently use cera ve SA foaming cleanser and ponds cream moisturizer but I don’t think it it’s working. If my face felt clean and not greasy all the time I would possibly pick my skin less I think. I need to heal existing acne scars, unclog my pores, possibly restore my skins natural barrier and prevent future acne. 

Re: Acne scars products

What kinds of scars do you have, @abeamaurice? Discolorations or textural ones? You may want consider switching to a gentle cleanser and then adding a leave-on BHA treatment instead of the wash-off SA cleanser. That might help get the breakouts under control a bit better. The most important aspect would be to try to stop the picking though. Have you tried using pimple patches over the blemishes to stop yourself from picking?

I have been using pimple patches and I find sometimes it makes the pimple worse/more red than it was. Some of the scars are discolouration and some of them are textural. I’ve tried countless face washes, but all drugstore grade- I tried neutrogena skin balancing face wash it made me break out horribly, used biore brightening exfoliating scrub but found it didn’t help, then tried aveeno active naturals goat milk cleanser, I felt like my face wasn’t actually clean after using it, then tried aveeno clear complexion foam wash, it made me break out, then now using cerave. I just feel lost when it comes to even picking a product that would work. 

@abeamaurice Here are a few cleanser recommendations: Philosophy Purity, Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanserfresh Soy Hydrating Gentle Face Cleanser, KORRES Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanser, First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser 

You could then follow that with BHA (two or three nights a week). Some options for that: SEPHORA COLLECTION Clarifying Peel Pads 60 Pads, Stridex pads, Paula's Choice Mini Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant 1 oz/ 30 mL, CosRx BHA Blackhead Power Liquid

Then follow with moisturizer: belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb .84 oz/ 25 mL, Caudalie Vinosource-Hydra Moisturizing Sorbet 1.3 oz/ 40 mLKate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL, CosRx Oil-free Moisturizing Lotion, Etude House Moistfull Collagen Emulsion

For help with the discoloration scars, a good ascorbic acid (vitamin C serum) would be helpful. My favorite is Tiam My Signature C Source (available at K-beauty retailers). And for the textural scars, a good AHA would be beneficial. You can add that in two nights a week (not the same night as the BHA). My favorite AHA is Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One AHA Lactic Acid Treatment but you could look for any mandelic, lactic, or glycolic acid product. 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing