cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Anonymous Insider

Acne Blemish

Hi! You'd think that at 30 you'd stop getting bumps and pimples, but no so much for me. I get the bad acne blemishes afterwards and it literally takes a whole year for them to go away. However, a new one pops up every other day. Any way I can control the bumps and get rid of the blemishes quicker? I can't forget to mention I have really oily skin. xoxo Yas! 

Re: Acne Blemish

@Yaszyy Though Indont know your current routine, I do suggest tarte Knockout Tingle Treatment Toner 5 oz/ 150 mL. It’s an acid toner that will exfoliate and refine your skin. It will help fade dark spots as well as clean out your pores. I use that in the morning and Lotion P50 at night. Now, my skin is very accustomed to acids and I have no sensitivity which is why I can use these twice a day. For you, I would start off slow...about 2/3 times a week at night to see how you react. Add a vitamin c, moisturizer and an spf during the day and you will have a very solid, simple-yet effective routine. 

RE: Acne Blemish

Not sure what your current routine is but you should be using a cleanser preferably with Salicylic acid . I used to get hormonal cystic acne around my chin area and also acne bumps under the skin called closed comedones. The best cleanser that helped me is Glamglow super cleanse cream to foam cleanser. It has acne fighting ingredients along with the charcoal which help draws out impurities underneath the skin. Also Neutrogenas Deep clean cream cleanser works really good as well. I like cream cleansers because they don’t strip the skin like foaming ones. Also exfoliating with an AHA/BHA product is good to clear out your pores and keep acne away, I use Murads AHA/BHA cleanser two to three times a week, now at 32 my skin has never been clearer. Hope this helps.

Acne Blemish

I'm hitting closer to 40 and I still get a pimple here and there. But I'm guilty of self neglect. I don't drink enough water; which makes a huge difference for me. I also like to try new skincare products. Sometimes new stuff doesn't agree with me and my skin breaks out. If this happens, I stop use immediately, and pamper my skin to heal. I tryto figure out why that product made me break out. Some times I break out cuz my skin is too dry. I find proper hydration causes fewer breakouts. Stuff you can try: 1. charcoal masks that will help draw out sebum and excess oil; 2. chemical peels/exfoliators are good at helping skin turnover to reduce scarring/discoloration; 3. an oil-free moisturizer free of silicones is necessary to balance skin hydration so that your skin doesn't produce excess oil to compensate for any dryness. I really like Sunday Riley's Luna oil and Good Gene's set. I feel this set helped smooth out my skin and reduce the appearance of my acne scars

Re: Acne Blemish

What's your current skincare routine, @Anonymous?

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos1
testing