Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@quspork, if I hadnโ€™t tried the JMsolution Idebenone mask, I would have made a note to pick up a handful of the innisfree one to test out results if used daily (or even every other day). 

@itsfi you are really the ingredient queen! Thank you for sharing your in depth reviews. I love how the texture on the pore mask sounds !!

@Kim888, thank you. The wash off has the most interesting consistency. I keep forgetting to take and post a photo; will try to remember to do that this week / weekend. 

@itsfi Your photos are always so aesthetically pleasant ๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ’ž

@Skunk12puzzola, thank you. Itโ€™s become a creative outlet for me over the years, so to be able to combine it with masking, a much needed part of my skin care and something I enjoy, is a gift. 

@itsfi Great reviews! Glad you had good masking experiences. I have some JMsolution masks that I got recently so I hope they preform as Good as the egg mask! 

@Mellmars1185, thank you. I've enjoyed the JMsolution masks; it's one of a handful of brands that have really worked well for me. It seems you've been having good experiences with the ones you've used so far. 

This Week: Detox Dandies

Letters of the Month:  I - M

Mask of the Day: Leaders Insolution AC Clear Treatment Mask (with Snail Secretion Filtrate)

IMG-3325.jpg

My Thoughts: *Warning: Zit Talk Involved*

Spoiler
I must say, my skin has been slowly but surely getting better after The Terrible, No Good Winter 2021 Bakuchiol Disaster but it's still not fully there. There's one particular problem area on the right side of my face that was hit particularly hard and is having trouble "getting over". There's a couple of specific spots on my right-side jaw line that have recurring, very large, painful puss-filled zits ๐Ÿ˜• Whenever they subside or after they get extracted, they calm down and then come back again. Even when they get extracted I can still feel some gunk way below the reachable surface of the skin and a few weeks later another large zit appears in that same area. When I put on this mask a few days ago (I'm behind on my masking documentation) I was in the frustrating phase of: I have been seeing/feeling the zit way below the surface for an extended period of time but there is no "head", just a painful red and raised bump. 

This mask was nicely saturated without having an overwhelming amount of serum within the pouch (matter of fact, I barely had any excess serum in the satchel but the mask felt nicely saturated), this is a plus. This was my first time trying a Leader Insolution masks but I have heard good things. I liked that this mask specifically targeted acne, something that I feel is harder to find out of sheet mask in comparison to the plethora of brightening, moisturizing or anti-aging sheet masks. The feel of this mask is a very soft, thicker cotton which definitely deserves it's "premium cotton mask" claim. The wear time is 20 minutes but due to the good level of serum saturation and the quality of the mask itself I'd say I kept it on for about 40-45 minutes. The scent of this mask was quite unique to what I have come to expect out of sheet masks--a slightly medicinal yet surprisingly pleasant, light scent. While I was wearing this I really enjoyed the way it felt on my face and I feel like I must emphasize that this mask is extremely soft on the face. Furthermore, I feel like the fit on this mask is very nice I usually have a lot of issues in my mouth/nose area with sheet masks but I really did not have to readjust or alter this mask at all. After removing the mask I felt a slight bit of tackiness and definitely leftover serum that I let continue to work it's magic overnight. I had the advantage of writing this review a few days after the masking experience since I got quite busy lately. The next day I immediately noticed that the 4-5 stubborn recurring zits that were refusing to emerge were now huge, full blown, begging-to-be-popped white heads (sorry, TMI). For some this might not be the outcome they wanted but in all honesty after feeling a painful zit brewing deep underneath your skin for weeks and only causing a red inflamed large bump... getting it to come to the surface and popping it (safely) is a huge relief. I also noticed the a lot of reduced redness in former effected areas that have subsided but left behind some discoloration. I definitely think that this mask succeeded in purging skin of impurities and I think the overnight turn around on this can be safety attributed to this mask. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the performance of this mask and I will certainly repurchase it again to get a better overall feel of how it performs. 

@QueenMarceline I am so relieved to hear your skin is finally showing improvement after your winter fiasco! Leaders is a solid brand. Your backdrop is pretty dreamy, and definitely soothing, too.

@eshoe Me too... it's been a journey that's for sure. Sigh. I got another one of these leaders masks with my ulta 21 days beauty blender order and I'll probably tag on a couple when I run out of more things. And thank you so much ๐Ÿ™‚ it's actually a painting I bought from a local artist in the Dominican Republic. It's one of my favorite pieces of art that I own because it reminds me of salt water waves, the sand in my toes and the most delicious pina colada I've ever tried that I happened to have in my hand when I found this painting, haha! ๐Ÿ˜

Well if your description of coastal bliss doesnโ€™t sound exceptionally relaxing, @QueenMarceline, I donโ€™t know what does! Very cool, thank you for sharing the background info on it ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@QueenMarceline, happy to hear this one worked well for you. There are a few masks from this line of Leaders masks that were among the first group of sheet masks I tried so thereโ€™s some nostalgia for me with these, with Leaders in general. That was back in the day when I would keep a supply of maybe 12-15 masks on hand. ๐Ÿ˜ This is one of the AC masks I still like to keep around. 

@itsfi Awww I'm glad to know this is a highly thought of mask. ๐Ÿ™‚ I will look up some more masks from them but I'm pretty sure that ULTA only carries a select few on their end.

Glad this one worked out well for you, @QueenMarceline! This is one that I always have a few of on hand because it's so good for taking the "oomph" out of a breakout and helping to calm any irritation. 

@quspork I'm still technically on a low-buy (vs. a no buy last month) but I grabbed a beauty blender yesterday during 21 days and had to grab another one of these in my order.

So happy to hear you are getting some relief from this mask!! @QueenMarceline 

@lmaster It's definitely one of the more quality sheet masks I have tried.

@QueenMarceline Great review! I have never heard of snail secretion in a mask! I am glad it work in the way you wanted. 

@Mellmars1185 snail is one of those ingredients, I think a few of us were "on the fence" with trying, but it's not as bad as it sounds ๐Ÿคฃ

Some Detox Dandies (and a Dud)

45E2E0DE-C656-44ED-A359-30398FAAD2CB.jpeg

Spoiler

The Bliss Pore Patrol Daily Warming Scrub with Black Volcanic Sand is an opaque on the hand, translucent when applied gel. It has a very pleasant sweet mandarin scent, while promising a warming sensation. I did not notice much of the latter while applying, although it became gently apparent while massaging and removing from my skin. The granules were evenly dispersed throughout the mask, and I rinsed with care so as not to cause damage to my skin. The scent was very enjoyable, a major plus for this mask. This is definitely one I will use again, but maybe as a body exfoliating product next time.

34593E27-3453-4D14-AFA0-95F4B74713DB.jpeg

My jawline is unusually aggravated right now, I suspect due to over moisturizing. What I did not reach for are the Crรจme Shop Dreamy Skin Hydrocolloid Overnight Patches. While these are absolutely adorable, they accomplished two things I would rather not have seen when originally used: 1) They failed to draw the unruly impurities to the surface 2) A scar in place of the patch still remains. While these results may be unique, I would not recommend these for removing acne in action!

Finally, I reached for the Generex Malgeum Purifying Soothing Mask to give my skin an extra dose of hydration after the Bliss Pore wash-off. A single mesh protective layer makes this a cinch to unfold. In some instances, these seem superfluous, but given how slimy and slippery this sheet is, I appreciated it. The scent was slightly chemical/Aquanet, but thankfully that subsided almost immediately. The bubbly, clear, jelly-like serum felt quite soothing and reminded me of pure aloe vera gel. The fit was good, and adherence was excellent. I left this one around 45 minutes before it began to dry. After removing, my skin felt cool and soft, with only the very slightest tack. I love this mask, and have used it a few times and would continue to repurchase in a heartbeat!

Ingredients:
Spoiler
AACAF889-AFC8-4873-98F9-E2DEB70B9056.jpeg 

@eshoe, sorry to hear that your jawline. Is it clogged pores your dealing with or little breakouts along your jawline? Or both? Do you think a gentle resurfacing peel would help? An aggravated jawline is sadly not an unusual occurrence for me and that has helped me in the past. 

1 Reply
testing