Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

10% Lactic acid from The Ordinary. Does anyone else think it doesn't do anything?

Does anyone else useTHE ORDINARY Lactic Acid 10% + HA ?  I've heard such great things about it but after about 2 months of using it nightly, I don't really see any difference in the appearance of my skin and it never burns or tingles when I apply it.  I'm really starting to think that it doesn't do anything at all... 🤣  At first, I thought that maybe I got a bad batch but I'm almost done with my second bottle, and still nothing...  Is this normal?

Re: 10% Lactic acid from The Ordinary. Does anyone else think it doesn't do anything?

Hii! I had the same experience with the Ordinary’s lactic acid 10% + HA, I heard such good things about it (or read such good things) and I used it consistently for months and didn’t notice anything 😕 I gave what was left of my bottle to my partner to use to see if would do something for them and they finished the bottle and also didn’t notice anything. I thought maybe I just didn’t stick with it long enough but idk 

Re: 10% Lactic acid from The Ordinary. Does anyone else think it doesn't do anything?

That's weird, mine definitely works.  Were you using a different acid product before you used this?  You may have been adjusted to AHAs before and just not notice a difference.  If not, it's possible that your skin just isn't very sensitive to acids.  Or that the rest of your routine (or lucky genetics) had your skin turning over dead cells just fine.  The easiest way to find out what it's doing is to stop using it and see what happens, but it's definitely a legitimate product.  I tried their glycolic acid toner and didn't care for it, but their lactic acid serum does a great job getting rid of my dead skin and gives a glow.

Thank you so much for reassuring me, @tg1973 ! :))  You know, I've definitely used retinol (or some type of retinoid-based) creams in the past but I usually always notice them working.  For example, when I put my concealer on, I'll notice that it doesn't go on as smoothly after the first few days of starting a new product, which indicates to me that some kind of peeling is happening... ;))  But with this acid, just nothing at all...  Before using this product (in the winter) I had used up a couple of jars of Olay Retinol cream (the one in the purple jar) so maybe it was a bit stronger than the acid?  I really don't know...  But many people say that you can even use this concentration of lactic acid on your feet and elbows and I just don't get it...  Well, hopefully, as you say, it's working in such a way that I just don't notice...  🤣😂🤣  I'm glad it's working for you. 🙂  Btw, I have the The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Exfoliating Toner 8 oz/ 240 mL as well (couldn't resist buying it because it's so inexpensive) but like you, I wasn't really impressed with it in any particular way, so I've kind of abandoned it... 
I'll keep using the acid, I guess since it seems to be working for so many people...  🙂  Thank you again for your reply...  🌹

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing