Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ulta Email Issues- discussion, questions, resolutions

This thread is for discussion and questions related to not receiving emails, Diamond promo codes, or help with website/app issues after contacting Ulta. Feel free to share your experiences, actions you've taken to receive help, how/where you contacted them (social media, alternate Ulta email addresses, etc.), your member level with Ulta, how long the issue has occurred, and if/how the issue was resolved. Don't hesitate to request codes you may not have received or offer codes you aren't able to use. (Sending them via private messages will prevent them from being scooped up by others.) Good luck and hang in there!

Re: Ulta Email Issues- discussion, questions, resolutions

OMG y'all, I got an Ulta email today!!!!giphy

I don't know if my issue has been fully resolved yet, but this looks like a good start. I am pretty sure contacting them through Facebook led to this since that person told me it would take 7 days to start getting emails. I sent a Facebook message on Monday when I didn't receive the Platinum Perks email, and I got an email today about free shipping with a $35 order.

Looks like Facebook may be the way to go if you have been having a difficult time getting your email issue solve through the standard Customer Service route.

Hi - I have a stupid question - I placed two orders at Ulta yesterday - But I didn't get any points for those purchases and it still says I've spent $0 this year toward platinum. I would have assumed it was like Sephora and should have reflected immediately but just in case thought I'd ask if anyone had experienced this.... 

@Kim888 My points for Ulta show once the item has shipped. 

thanks @Indy701 I'll wait for that then!

@Kim888 You’re welcome. It is a bit annoying when you are close to $125 in points and want to use it but the fulfillment is slow. Ulta teaches me patience sometimes. 

I called Customer Service today and was told my issue was correctly escalated to "Subscription Service." The representative told me that Subscription Service is really backed up, and it could take MONTHS to resolve the issue!!!! Has anyone received the same information?  

RE: Re: Ulta Email Issues- discussion, questions, resolutions

I’m starting to think it really is a blacklist and that they have a “problem “ they don’t want to fix. I’ve had a couple boxes with damaged products and that’s when I stopped getting emails.

Re: RE: Re: Ulta Email Issues- discussion, questions, resolutions

@sarahshter I would agree with you. Mine finally got fixed after a few months. I had zero issues until I returned one $10 face mask due to a horrible odor. After that I immediately had email issues. 

Re: RE: Re: Ulta Email Issues- discussion, questions, resolutions

The crazy thing for me @sarahshter is that I have NEVER had an issue with an order arriving damaged. The only time I had an issue was when someone stole items from my order, and they weren't able to send a replacement because of the price of the stolen items. I was able to get a refund from my credit card company, so in the end it wasn't a big deal for me. That was 3 years ago, and I haven't had a problem until this email thing. All I've been doing is giving Ulta my money and singing their praises. I am SOOOO annoyed that this will be my first year being a Diamond member, and I will not reap the full benefits. ARGH!!!!

@sephoraaddict918 Oh, good, you got in touch. They have n...

@sephoraaddict918 Oh, good, you got in touch. They have no excuse for not devoting more resources to this. Sounds like it really is time for a conference call from all of you! 😛

Re: @sephoraaddict918 Oh, good, you got in touch. They have n...

Yes, I've called a couple of times to make sure my information is still showing in the system. I am so ready to write a LONG letter because it is ridiculous for a major business to have this many issues with their email service. EMAILS! It is 2019, this should not be happening, and it SHOULD NOT take months to resolve an email issue. 

My account is partially fixed.  It took getting sent to "subscription" services (not sure if it was the first or consecutive times it was sent to that department, it's just that the last rep with whom I spoke told me she was forwarding my account there) to start receiving across the board multipliers and a couple of targeted ones.  No emails or mailings yet though.

It took over two months to get a partial solution.

RE: Ulta Email Issues- discussion, questions, resolutions

Is there anyone who has had this issue fixed? I’m actually to the point where I don’t even want to shop there anymore if Ulta cannot be bothered to fix issues for loyal customers like many of us are (Diamond here). Super frustrating when 20% off coupons get mailed out and I have to call them and beg for it...

Re: RE: Ulta Email Issues- discussion, questions, resolutions

No!! I’ve been emailing them almost every 7-10 days with ZERO resolution. I’m calling tomorrow and pretty sure that if they do not fix it I will no longer shop at ulta. I will only spend gift cards I receive as gifts (since people tend to give me those) and cash in my absolutely ridiculous amount of points and return to Sephora and direct shopping instead of Sephora, direct and ulta. There’s very, very little I actually would need to continue to get from ulta.

Re: RE: Ulta Email Issues- discussion, questions, resolutions

@sarahshter  I feel the same way as you.  I even called the corporate office today.  After I explained my issue, guess where they directed me? To the regular, ineffective customer service line.  

My issues started at the end of August or the beginning of September.  Until that point, I was an online customer only.  I started mixing up transactions, and that seems to be when the trouble started.  

The first sign of trouble was when I would log into my account and try to print an order summary and I got the message, "Sorry, that order cannot be found," or something similar.

I know someone else who within the past couple of weeks had that happen, and now they're having trouble too.  And that person doesn't do a lot of returns either.

I get email confirmations of my orders, so I really don't get it.

Gosh I'm sorry to here that. I stopped getting my emails...

Gosh I'm sorry to here that. I stopped getting my emails and all Sept 1, right after the perfume multiplier. When I spoke with customer service, it seemed to be an issue they were dealing with quite a bit. Not sure if it's any consolation, but we weren't the only ones, so it's not personal. I'm still skeptical that I'm getting all of the multipliers, as I've not seen any since the beginning of the month, but it seems like most or all of the emails are coming through. I hope they are able to get all of the things straightened out for you all, it's such a fustrating situation.

Mine seems to be fixed. It was escalated to subscription...

Mine seems to be fixed. It was escalated to subscription services and took about a week after that before emails came through again. I did email and call quite a few times, trying to do so as politely as possible and the agents were mostly polite and trying their best in return. I'm curious how it happens in the first place. I had this issue briefly when I went up to Diamond in the spring. Then it happened again right after signing up for the app. I emphasize with your situation. Having to call to get my offers and points fixed daily for a while was very time consuming, not to mention all of the fomo over missed offers and perks. If you haven't tried emailing yet, maybe try that? FYI, it does typically take them a day or two to respond.

Mine seems to be fixed. It was escalated to subscription...

Mine seems to be fixed. It was escalated to subscription services and took about a week after that before emails came through again. I did email and call quite a few times, trying to do so as politely as possible and the agents were mostly polite and trying their best in return. I'm curious how it happens in the first place. I had this issue briefly when I went up to Diamond in the spring. Then it happened again right after signing up for the app. I emphasize with your situation. Having to call to get my offers and points fixed daily for a while was very time consuming, not to mention all of the fomo over missed offers and perks. If you haven't tried emailing yet, maybe try that? FYI, it does typically take them a day or two to respond.

I stopped receiving emails at the end of August. September 18 I emailed customer service who claimed to have “reset” my email & it should fix the problem in 5 days. It didn’t, of course. I emailed them again and they sent a link to reset my password. Still nothing. Now it’s October 6 and I’m  getting mad. In July I both qualified for diamond and received a package with a hair gel burst all over the products. Unfortunately, this happened just a week after I complained about the GA bag promo (a weekender was pictures and a cosmetics size bag sent. Apparently multiple complaints were received). So I felt like I was complaining a lot, but legitimate reasons IMO. Just over a month later... no emails.

@KMart919  That's exactly the timeframe in which I started having issues.

Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • giphy
testing