cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|
Anonymous Insider

TJ Maxx

I see a lot of you ladies find discount high end makeup / fragrance at TJ Maxx... I don't think we have one here. What would be the equivalent so I can get to discount hunting too ahahaha ❤️😂

Re: TJ Maxx

I can't ever seem to find anything at TJMaxx. I have 3 within a 10 mile radius.  I think that the TJMaxx sales associates get the best pick and what is left over goes out.  And the makeup/skincare section is always in disarray.  I've stopped shopping for makeup there because my time is just as important as saving money.  I just watch other places for sales!

In the US, there's TJMaxx, Marshalls (TjMaxx is the parent company), Ross, and Burlington. 

The best ones in my opinion to go to are Marshalls and TJMaxx which is where most people go. Burlington has some things but it's very hit and miss and depends on the time you go and Ross is pretty bad (at least in my experience they rarely stock good things).

TJ Maxx is the parent company. In Canada, it's Marshalls, Winners and HomeSense. @Anonymous

Tjx as the url, company website, has the full list of stores under their umbrella.

I'm in the US with Marshalls. Find out stock day, that's when you may find a better assortment, as they don't keep much in the back room.

@AnonymousDo you mean in Canada? I`m not sure, but I think you have Winners. Take a look https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/TJ-Maxx-Marshalls-Winners-Hauls-amp-Finds/m-p/4057608#M62568

Anonymous Insider

Aha OMG! 

totally forgot to include Canada!! 

Have you had much luck with winners? The majority of stuff I've spotted there is drug store makeup. At least at the one near me. 

I'm in Canada but I think that it may be pretty similar in the US too..I find that often times between different Winners/Marshalls stores, it really varies and can be hit or miss. I stalk on instagram because some people share their finds/hauls and I've noticed that the larger cities often get the higher end, luxury stuff first and sometimes it eventually shows up at smaller cities in less quantities, but not always. I'm lucky to be in a city with a handful of stores and try to swing by at least once a week to peruse and 90% of the time, there's nothing that speaks to me but every so often I score. I find the best is if you can figure out which day of the week they get new stock or restock... because then everything is generally still clean and undisturbed those days and the pickings should be better.

I love going to Winners/HomeSense to hunt for beauty products. You never know what you will get. You're right, best strategy is to find out what day of the week new stock is coming in. I was at my local Winners yesterday and found Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipsticks, Kevin Aucoin blush duo, few Kat Von D concealers etc.IMG_3555.jpg

@AnonymousNo, I`m from US, but I read this thread about TJ MAXX/Winners. Maybe you have more stores like this, but this is only one I know. 

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos1
  • IMG_3555.jpg
testing