cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ebates + Sephora

Hey Savvy Shoppers 🙂

I know that many of you are big fans of using Ebates and other cash back sites to make the most of your purchases. I've been an avid Ebates-er since 2014 and can confirm that the hype is real!

A little birdie in the office let me know that they are planning another big cash back day in the near future (this week or next) so we wanted to ask when you'd like to see cash back!

Is there a particular day you prefer to shop online or do you enjoy the surprise of extra cash back? Does it just depend on your schedule? We do have a couple blackout dates but please share your feedback below so we can get some cash back!

Bonus questions:

• What are your tips and tricks for getting cash back?
  • What's the best deal you've seen?
  • How do you hear about cash back?
Tags:

Re: Ebates + Sephora

Hey there BICers!  I just joined EBATES and it looks like they are offering 8% cash back at Sephora today.

IDK much about the process, but should we have a thread for special EBATES cash back offers?

Thanks for the info, @veronika23!  I can't wait to check it out!

@greeneyedgirl107 Good question. I'm relatively new here...

@Anonymous7 Good question. I'm relatively new here and not yet familiar with general group preferences, so I'll just say that continuing to post them to this thread would likely be simplest because it already includes previous offers and info for those who haven't used Ebates before. OTOH, a new thread would be cleaner as far as having an initial post with a basic rundown and a link to this thread for anyone looking for more on how to get the most out of Ebates, etc.

Ebates + Sephora

does anyone know sephora will have 15% cashback from ebates birthday week 2018 ? I am holding on my order.

I actually use another rebate app called Ibotta and Sephora usually has 3% cash back on online purchases through the app and will occasionally offer more than the 3%.   

I started using MrRebate years ago when I was reading the forums on MakeupAlley. I switched over to Ebates exclusively a few years back because I only wanted to keep track of one account and Ebates seemed to be the one everyone used. For me it’s not a deciding factor on whether I’ll be purchasing or not - it just a nice cherry on the sundae. I love how ebates gives you the option of cash or a gift card that’s worth more than the money you earned. I can’t remember the exact deal but after the November Sephora sale I ended up opting for a really souped deal on a Gap gift card instead of my cash back and got a couple pairs of pants that I didn’t have to put any money towards.

It does seem like Sephora used to do the 8-9% cash back deals far more often. Now it’s always around 3-4, which if I’m not buying much I sometimes won’t even bother bringing up the app to login. (If ebates could be embedded into the Sephora app my day would be made. I pretty much do all my Sephora shopping online thru the app - I’m a big late night online shopper.)

Thank you all so much for your feedback! You WOWed us with your thorough responses and we have learned a lot in the process 🙂  

The responses were a bit scattered as far as timing on the next cash back promo  but I do want to make sure you can stack with 3x point on fragrance (good call @jbean90) so Sephora will be offering 8% Ebates cash back TOMORROW, 5/4, on the US and Canada sites!

Also wanted to call out that we just launched in-store cash back at all Sephora locations. I do not know if this will be permanent BUT it's an awesome reason to get great service at your neighborhood Sephora and earn cash back in the process 😄

THe Ebates process confuses me. I find it overwhelming. I use the honey extension to get couponts, cash back but it takes a long time to build up cash back . Can someone explain how to easily use Ebates? And how do you get cash back in stores ?

@mermadelove

Like other have said, it's easy! Create an account at ebates, and then find the store you want to shop. Sephora, sure, but they have hundreds of others too...the ultimate goal here is to make this a habit and get cash back with every online purchase possible! You can either access ebates through their site or else download their extension so it'll notify you automatically when you're on a site that offers cash back.

(You said you're using another extension? The two may clash...I had that problem for a bit, since I use more than one CB site, and wound up losing out on some CB because it didn't track properly due to competing extensions effectively cancelling each other out. I now skip extensions altogether and just go directly from the CB sites, but if you need an extension as a reminder, I'd pick just one.)

For in-store use, you need to register your credit card with Ebates. When you shop in-store with your registered CC they'll see the purchase and apply CB to your account. Easy peasy!

@RGbrown Good explanation!  Just one question: am I correct in my interpretation that I can get CB in-store just by registering my credit card instead of having to use an app?  My phone is old and I don't do well with apps!

@greeneyedgirl107

That's correct, no app needed!

Awesome!  Thanks for the great info, @RGbrown!

And can I ask you a question unrelated to ebates?  I know you are a fan of Ulta (as am I).  I just got a shipment in, and received two complimentary samples.  Am I supposed to get 2 or 3?  I rarely order from them online.  I sent them an e-mail, but with the holiday weekend IDK when they'll get back to me 🙂  TIA

@greeneyedgirl107

Just two samples with Ulta ☺️

Thanks for clarifying, @RGbrown!  

Image result for heart bubbles gif

@mermadelove  @RGbrown  gave some great advice.  I haven't downloaded the Ebates extension, and I regret it because there are so many more sites on there than I realize, and I could have easily doubled my rebate this quarter had I done that!

@Ispend2much6  I heard back from them and I am happy to say with everyone's advice, I figured it out and am now an ebates shopper!!!!! Thanks, everyone!!!

@mermadelove  You've done it now!  😉

@Ispend2much6  TELL me about it!!!! They sprung that 15% cash back and I am literally sitting on my hands not to buy!! @ElleElleG  inspired me when she said she waited for percent off sales from the stores to stack. Brilliant!! I need some restocks from Too Faced, but they frequently have sales, so I am WAITING?!!!!

@RGbrown THANK YOU! It looks like I am going to miss this round though because my Ebates account won’t activate for some reason and I had to email them. I think I’ll do the browser extension in a different browser so that I don’t have competition! 

60 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • Today's Sephora list; if I were making a purchase today, my personal choice would be BeFrugal
testing