cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Ebates + Sephora

Hey Savvy Shoppers 🙂

I know that many of you are big fans of using Ebates and other cash back sites to make the most of your purchases. I've been an avid Ebates-er since 2014 and can confirm that the hype is real!

A little birdie in the office let me know that they are planning another big cash back day in the near future (this week or next) so we wanted to ask when you'd like to see cash back!

Is there a particular day you prefer to shop online or do you enjoy the surprise of extra cash back? Does it just depend on your schedule? We do have a couple blackout dates but please share your feedback below so we can get some cash back!

Bonus questions:

• What are your tips and tricks for getting cash back?
  • What's the best deal you've seen?
  • How do you hear about cash back?
Tags:

@howconnie Sephora in-store just showed up on Ebates toda...

@howconnie Sephora in-store just showed up on Ebates today. 🙂

Re: @howconnie Sephora in-store just showed up on Ebates toda...

Wow, that’s great just in time for mother’s da 

RE: Re: Ebates + Sephora

You can use it in a lot of stores if you link a cc/debit card to your ebates account prior to purchase.

Re: RE: Re: Ebates + Sephora

Great information 

Ebates + Sephora

@KatieBT Yay! If it's this week or the next, then next Thursday would be great to go with the new Weekly Wow. If that's a blackout, then either Friday, in case anything's left. I shop anytime for the best overall deals, though Ebates sometimes persuades me to stock up that day when the cash back is 10% or higher. I liked this last Ebates payout since we had the option to receive it a few days earlier as a gift card from select retailers with a little extra cash back. 😄 Thanks!

Re: Ebates + Sephora

On Paydays 😄 I'd love to see the percent not drop during sales. I think a good day would be May 18th! I love the gift card option, because I always choose the Sephora one.

I'd love to see some extra cash back online on release days of new collections and in store on weekends when I have time to go to my local Sephora to use my Play passes.

-When I first started using Ebates, I forgot to apply it a lot of the time but once I put the cash back button on the upper lefthand corner of my browser, it made it easier to remember.

-I think the best deal I have seen from Ebates in regards to Sephora is 8% cash back- which is great!

-I first heard about Ebates from BT! I'm very grateful it was a well-talked about topic back in BT because I have gotten $1,000+ in cash back since I joined in 2015 and I have gotten my friends to join as well so they benefit from Ebates as well.

I love using Ebates. I tend to wait sometimes to buy something I want till the pay back for Ebates is better depending on if there is a good gift with purchase that I think will last a couple days. If i think it will go fast I still use my Ebates just take the less money back   To be able to ensure I get the gift with purchase I want.  Would be great to know when the will go up to wait to buy items I have been watching. ☺️💜

How exactly do Ebates work for Sephora?  Do I purchase through sephora.com or through Ebates.com?  I watched the 30-second ad on Ebates website about how it works but it didn't answer any questions!

@greeneyedgirl107 Just a tip if you're using the Ebates app... give yourself a little extra time to put your cart together since I've had my empty after logging in and it's no fun trying to remember everything in it when you have 6 minutes left to get 13% cash back on Friday the 13th. 😮

I also have the button installed on my laptop, which makes things super easy if I'm already visiting a site; the app is nice when you want to take advantage of cash back deals at work, etc.  

@greeneyedgirl107 You can also download the eBates app which allows you to shop at  the store of your choice as always but it ensures you get the credit for your purchases. I love eBates, but it is such an enabler!

Thanks for clue-ing me into that tidbit @LCResz!

@greeneyedgirl107 you go to ebates first, then click on sephora through their site.  the rest is like normal shopping! 

Thanks for the info, @sparklekai!

Image result for sparkle gif

Oh how exciting!  

I don't have a day/date preference so I won't weigh in on that.  I'm an equal opportunity shopper.  

• I like the Ebates Chrome plug in!  It makes it harder to miss out since it's right there, staring at you from the browser.  
  • The double cash back days are always great.  I was able to order a birthday bouquet for I think 25% off plus free shipping with one of their offers!  I also love the bonus offers on the Big Fat Check.
  • I first heard about it through CoffeebreakwithDani on YouTube.  She mentioned it in passing ages ago.  It took me a couple months to sign up since it sounds too good to be true lol

Cool! Is this for Canada too @KatieBT? I love ebates!

Tips: Checking it daily. Have the ebates window open when I'm online so I don't forget to purchase through there. You can download something on your browser to remind you but I didn't like that feature. I also try to buy when the cashback is high. And it pays off!

Best deal: I think they had 16% (or something like that) for Sephora for one day a few years back... and 20% for The Bay. That was awesome!

I don't remember how I heard about it but if anyone in Canada doesn't have it and would like a referral please pm me. I think you also get a bonus as a new member.

@veronika23, i thought i'm the only person remember 16% cash back.  I dont remember what i buy/didnt buy but i remember being panic picking shopping items. 🙂

@blackkitty2014  hahaha nope! Every year around ebates bday I hope to see that amount again! 😄

Woo! I'm also a big E-bates-er, @KatieBT 🙂

To answer your question, it would be nice to know in advance which day there would be a high % -- just in case i miss the email i could plan ahead.

Bonus round:

• What are your tips and tricks for getting cash back?
    • To get the most bang for my buck, I save up credit card points/miles and cash them in for giftcards. Then, when i use the giftcard I always use E-bates. It's like getting extra free money, because i always cash my E-bates $$ in for giftcards, too.
  • What's the best deal you've seen?
    • I've shopped Sephora on JCP.com and had up to 13% cash back. Sephora at JCP is a great way to get points; you get JCP Points and Sephora points. Plus, you can use your JCP CC.
  • How do you hear about cash back?
    • Pretty sure I started using E-Bates after seeing a TV commercial
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • Today's Sephora list; if I were making a purchase today, my personal choice would be BeFrugal
testing