Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Decluttering... What now?

ABSI fell in love with makeup fairly late in life, just within the last 6 years or so, and it took me a long time to figure out what I liked. In the process I bought waaaay too much stuff that I never even wound up using! By the time I realized I wasn’t going to actually use the product, I felt weird returning it, especially without a receipt. So long story short I have two bathrooms and a closet full of stuff that’s barely been touched, and I realized that I need to let these things go. I’ve already given a lot away to friends and family, but I still have more than I’ll ever use, things like TooFaced, Lorac, and TheBalm eyeshadow palettes for example. So, now I’m asking you savvy shoppers if you think MUABS or Glambot would be the better way to go for such items? Thanks for any feedback, I just want to make sure I’m not just throwing this stuff away by using a shady site.

Re: Decluttering... What now?

In addition to Project Beauty Share and your local shelters, consider donating to “dress for success” events, and see if you have any local events where gowns, shoes, jewelry, and makeup are provided to teens for prom. 

Got unwanted/unneeded mascara? Wash the wands and donate them to Wands for Wildlife. It’s a program run by the Appalachian Wildlife Refuge, where wands are used to remove parasites from wild animals. You recycle old mascara wands and help animals. It’s a win-win! www.appalachianwild [DOT] org/wands-for-wildlife.html

To recycle the mascara tubes (minus the wands) and recyclable makeup containers from any brand, contact Origins. They’ll recycle empty makeup containers from any brand if you’re in North America. 

As far as Glambot, I don’t think they offer much. I’d recommend trying to return things to stores (if you haven’t missed the return window) before using Glambot. That won’t be easy without receipts, but at some stores you can pull and print a detailed purchase history via an online account. Not all stores will accept that as a receipt, but it’s worth a shot. 

@LCResz FYI about Glambot: I looked into it a while back and it seems like the pay-out was terribly low.  I heard of Project Beauty Share a while back, and it sounds wonderful.  

I was going to suggest Swapidu, but it looks like it closed down in October 2018.  They never should've spun it off from makeupalley!

@LCResz, I support a non-profit organization called Project Beauty Share Heart  They collect personal hygiene, cosmetic & beauty products to distribute to women and families overcoming abuse, addiction, homelessness and poverty.  Smiley Wink 

project B.PNGproject Be.PNG

RE: Decluttering... What now?

You can bring the unused stuff to women’s shelters! Those women sometimes leave bad situations with as little as the clothes on their backs, and having something as simple as makeup can raise their self-esteem. I’ve brought all kinds of stuff there, from children’s items to clothing they can wear for interviews to makeup.
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos2
  • project Be.PNG
  • project B.PNG
testing