Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Looking for a particular scent! I’m naked here!!

Ive been searching for a scent that was discontinued from Soft Surroundings A year ago. Brise d’ete no. 7 (white pear, fresh citron accord, neroli blossoms and freesia....musk and ambery woods) Any suggestions for something similarly potioned?

Re: Looking for a particular scent! I’m naked here!!

Maybe try Jo Malone's English Pear and Freesia? Its notes are pear (with quince), freesia, climbing rose, rhubarb, patchouli, white musk, amber. This could easily be layered with a light citrus scent.

edit - Just read the comment below about this fragrance -- the musk/amber in Jo Malones tend not to have that heavy feel you'll find in other fragrances so it might not be as strong as Brise d'ete

RE: Re: Looking for a particular scent! I’m naked here!!

Thank you for your reply. Soft surroundings brought back their scent “bris d’ete” , it sold out almost immediately. I was able to buy four bottles right away after they responded to a tweet I sent; letting me get a jump on the release date. I did try the Jo Malone that you mentioned , it was close. I’m saving it as a backup. Thanks again! I enjoy reading your posts.

Also, Nest carries a perfume called 'Citrine' described on Sephora's website as, "Citrine offers the dewy softness of lotus flower and freesia, set against sparkling citrus notes and hints of precious woods."  I haven't smelled the Soft Surroundings one you're talking about nor the Nest fragrance, but they seem to have similar notes.

Jo Malone has a cologne called English Pear and Freesia, but those are literally the primary notes in that one.  It doesn't have the underlying musk or amber woods.  However, Jo Malone's scents are also layering scents.

RE: Re: Looking for a particular scent! I’m naked here!!

Thanks for your response. I ended up buying the Jo Malone Pear and Freesia. It’s not quite what I wanted (too heavy)but Soft Surroundings brought back my scent and I’ve stockpiled it so I’m good. I’m so attached to this fragrance and was surprised at my panic at the thought of it being discontinued for good. Lesson learned .
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing