Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Perfume Posse

Let's talk candles

Recently I started enjoying lightning up candles at home. Why didn't I realize how great they smell before? Smiley Happy

I purchased a couple of them from BBW, a couple from Pier 1, and a few from Ross. I really liked the peach smell from BBW Smiley Happy

So I started looking up candles more, and I was really surprised when I saw a $80 ones. I think I'd never justify a such price for a candle.

Who likes candles here? Smiley Happy

What are your favorite smells, brands, places to buy them? 

Please enable me Smiley Happy 

Re: Let's talk candles

Yankee, Yankee, Yankee! I love Yankee candles. I have tons, and when they have B1G1 sales I am on it! They have the best tarts as well that you can melt. The scents are wonderful, last long and the big jars will last you tons of hours! There is always a candle burning in my house if I am home. I can not live without candles. I'm a little obsessed. My favorite Yankee candle is sage & citrus.

They also have great holiday scents, right now their Easter selection is out, you should check it out. Bunny Cake is pretty awesome Smiley Happy

However, I haven't tried BBW, I may now since you recommend them. Smiley Happy

I just opened Yankee's webpage Smiley Happy There are so many different things, I don't even know where to start Smiley Happy 

I like idea of melting a tart, but I've never done this before. I have to find out more about this, sounds fun! 

Do you have one of their stores near you?  I'd say go in if you can. They always have great customer service.  Bed Bath & Beyond sells them too and you can use the BBB coupons on them.

No Yankee store near me, but there's BBB not too far. And I just received a coupon from them 3 days ago Smiley Very Happy

Yay!  I've seen the tarts there too but I've never tried them. I've always gotten the candles, reed diffusers and car scent thingies. 

The tartes are great if you have a wax melter. I have a couple sitting around the house, but I prefer the plug in ones with a bulb vs the ones you use a tealight candle underneath to melt. But, they are great! Melt down quickly and the scent is dispersed quickly around the room. Ahhh, I love it. I have to go plug mine in now! Smiley Very Happy I have sage and citrus in there now, but I think it's almost time to change it up. Smiley Wink You guys have got me all giddy now about to go through my candle stash.

Daisies, if you haven't tried the tarts yet, I suggest buying them when they have their sampler sales. The votives and tarts are $1 each when they have the sale. I always stock up on them. If you haven't tried them, I would try them out that way. Smiley Happy And, of course, get a burner somewhere else because Yankee does charge a lot for their wax melter things.

If you have a Yankee outlet near you, they also sell bags of fairly inexpensive tarts! The outlets also have fairly priced tart warmers too Smiley Happy Darn, I haven't been to an outlet in FOREVER. Must make BFF go...

Oooh, yankee has an outlet? We have a few Outlet malls in my area, but no Yankee outlet. Smiley Sad Waaa!

Wait, pump the brakes!!! I just googled my area and Yankee outlet stores, and low and behold there is one in one of our Outlet Mall locations. Why have I missed this? Why you no tell me before, mall? Well, time for a weekend shopping trip to buy candles. The hubs should be excited about this. No trips to random makeup stores. Time for candles. Good thing he likes candles Smiley Happy

woohoo!!

BB&B always has "scent of the month" sales going on their Yankee Candles(25% off, I think?). You can stack the sale with their $5 off coupons too to save a bit. I totally agree with the ladies above on Yankee and Bath & Body Works having the best candles that are easy to get a hold of! You can definitely spend more on other popular lines like Diptyque, Nest, etc., but it can be harder to locate those to test the scents in person if they aren't stocked near you.

(Another hint: BB&B accepts their store coupons even if they are past the expiration date!)

Oh how great! Thank you so much for sharing this tips Smiley Happy 

Savings on top of savings is always nice Smiley Happy 

I feel obligated to at least help save some $$ if I'm going to enable! Smiley Wink Candles can be as addictive as beauty products! Hehe Smiley Happy

What are your favorite types of scents, sangova? Maybe we can recommend some favorites to you from Yankee Smiley Happy

I like fruity (like peach, strawberry, mangos) scents, also citrucy, floral, vanilla Smiley Happy 

Ok, some from Yankee that I'd recommend that fit in those categories:

Buttercream, Strawberry Buttercream, Juicy Peach, Sweet Strawberry, Lavender Vanilla, Lemon Lavender, Lilac Blossoms, Macintosh, Midnight Jasmine, White Gardenia, Vanilla Cupcake. (There's tons more, these are just the ones I've tried!)

B&BW- Lilac Blossom, Honeysuckle Bouquet, Garden Strawberry, Market Peach, Lavender Vanilla, Warm Vanilla Sugar, Peach Bellini, Paris Amour (floral).

I don't know if I'm lucky or not that I get my paycheck today Smiley Very Happy

So many yammy candles Smiley Happy 

Thank you crayzeeRN for your recommendations! 

Haha, no problem! Your paycheck shudders in fear! Smiley Very Happy

Macintosh! ERMAHGERD! I cannot get enough of that scent, no matter the season! 

I'd recommend the mango-peach salsa, lavender-vanilla or key lime pie scents.  My personal favorite of all time is Christmas cookie!

124 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos9
  • images-11.jpeg
  • choosehappiness
  • volcano
  • candle
  • Unknown-2.jpeg
  • images-12.jpeg
  • lighter
  • upload_2622521133749266738.jpg
  • upload_3881378725404359093.jpg