Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

PLAY! by SEPHORA Invitation FAQs

PLAY! by SEPHORA has some exciting news to share with you. Starting in May 2016, we’re expanding PLAY! to the lower 48 states and giving our PLAY! boxes a makeover!

For those of you already on the waitlist as of April 8th, 2016, we will be sending out invitations in waves until all available spots are filled. Invitations will be sent based on when you joined the waitlist. Spots are still limited, so please act quickly if you receive an invitation. As a reminder, when you receive your invitation to join, be sure to enter the same email address used to join the waitlist. If you don’t receive an invitation this time around, or you joined the waitlist after April 8th – don’t worry! As more spots open up each month, we’ll continue to send out invitations on a rolling, first come, first served basis.

If you would like to join the waitlist, please enter your email by visiting www.sephora.com/play. You will be included in future months’ invitations.

Q: When will invites be sent out to people who are on the waitlist?

A: The first wave of invitations for signup will be sent during mid-April 2016. They will continue to be sent out in monthly increments as the program grows.

Q: Where does PLAY! by SEPHORA ship?

A: PLAY! by SEPHORA is currently only available in the U.S. and can ship to any address in the contiguous 48 states.

Q: If I do get an invite, am I guaranteed a box?

A: Box quantities are limited each month. If you are invited to subscribe to PLAY! by SEPHORA, please redeem your invitation and claim your spot as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out on that month’s box.

Q: Will Canadians have an opportunity to subscribe?

A: PLAY! by SEPHORA is not currently available in Canada; however, we will keep you posted on any plans for expansion.

Q: I am a US resident and do not live in one of the contiguous 48 states. When will PLAY! be available to me?

A: We are currently exploring ways to expand our shipping capabilities to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and US Military Bases. We'll be notifying clients as soon as we have an update and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

For more PLAY! by SEPHORA FAQs please visit the following link> http://www.sephora.com/play-faqs

Re: PLAY! by SEPHORA Invitation FAQs

I'm still on the fence.  Assuming the box that gets launched in 2016 is just like the limited roll out box, I think it depends on what you want from a subscription box.

My biggest complaint, which is what bratknits and desert dancer mentioned is that to date there has been a lot of overlap between what is offered in the box and what's been offered in promos.  If you love these items and want more, you might like the box.  But if you're joining the box to be introduced to new items, I haven't necessarily found that to be the case. It is a shame because Sephora has SUCH a range of brands and products but to date they've focused on the familiar favorites vs. introducing us to some of their newer products or brands.

I also miss the customization I get with Birchbox.  It's not perfect, but for the most part I get things that work with my sensitive dry skin.  Here the skincare has been hit or miss.  With TSBs it isn't the end of the world but it does make me less excited about the skincare items, which are normally my favorite.

I like it more than Birchbox. The only box I was meh on was November's, but I still liked 2 of the items. Most of the items they have included so far I have tried before, but I liked them so I was happy to try them again. And I am happy with the brands they are including, they are more well known to me and higher end than I have gotten from BB. 

It wasn't for me, I canceled.  It was all leftover point perks and items from promos.  The Nov box I already had 4 of the items and gave up.  There wasn't anything NEW in any of them.

Yeah, a lot of repeats from point perks/promos. BUT, that being said, for a 100 pt perk, you essentially paid between 25-100 dollars for it (depending on if you accumulated points at 4x's or 1x). Pretty much the same with promos, they range from 25-35 purchase. So, if you look at it that way, you only pay $10 😉 .  TBH, I've shared a lot of my PLAY contents due to the repeats and stuff I just don't need. I am overall satisfied with the contents but not wowed by the logistics so far (i.e. Online content/videos supporting the products, changing cc info, app synchronization with PLAY)

That is the thing!  New things not in promos or sample offerings!

Sephora found a way to make people pay for deluxe samples! 

Poor program!!I have been  in the waiting list for months.

how long am i going to be on the **bleep** waitlist?!   ive been waiting for 3 months now, hurry up.

tumblr_mfnd8ryS1R1ri5dojo4_250.gif

Iʻm waiting for you to realize how childish you sound right now....

Read the FAQ 

"

Q: Where is this being offered?
A: The limited release markets for the initial months are Boston and Cincinnati / Columbus. We may be adding additional limited markets later in 2015, before the full national launch in 2016.

Q: Why Limited markets?
A: As with many of our programs, we roll them out over time in order to best ensure that everything happens as we planned and that our clients have an excellent experience. Our goal is to prepare for a national launch in 2016.

Q: If I live in one of the limited release markets, will I automatically get an invitation? What about if I signed up on the waitlist?
A: Because the quantity of boxes available during the initial release are limited, not all clients in the test markets will receive an invitation. However, as we grow the quantity of boxes available each month, more clients will have an opportunity to sign up."

Q: If I do get an invite, am I guaranteed a box?
A: As quantities are limited, if you are invited to subscribe to the PLAY! program, please redeem your invitation and claim your spot as soon as possible, so that you don’t miss out.

If you're not in one of the testing areas, you'll have to wait until 2016 like the rest of us.

Q: Where is this being offered?
A: The limited release markets for the initial months are Boston and Cincinnati / Columbus. We may be adding additional limited markets later in 2015, before the full national launch in 2016.

Q: Why Limited markets?
A: As with many of our programs, we roll them out over time in order to best ensure that everything happens as we planned and that our clients have an excellent experience. Our goal is to prepare for a national launch in 2016.

I have play but wanted to and one to my daughters as a gift, is this possible?  Thanks

Anonymous Insider

when can i sign up next?

Anonymous Insider

You can sign up for the waiting list now.

Anonymous Insider

Do VIB Rouge members get priority on the wait list?

I'm VIB Rouge and have been on the waitlist for 3 months, but lots of Beauty Insider friends of mine have active subscriptions.  So I'm assuming your status means nothing.  Unfortunately.  $1000+ per year on makeup -- you'd think they'd make sure we got our invites first!  That's the whole point of spending entire paychecks on makeup.

I don't understand why rouge has almost no real benefits.

Agree.  The less and less benefit I see from being a VIB Rouge member the more and more I have decided to let it lapse.  Disappointing program.  

No, from what I understand, your status has nothing to do with Play! invitations.

Did anyone else get the Play! survey? I guess if you fill it out you get 100 BI points!

no! can someone pm me?? or was it single use surveys?

I think they were sent individually to people

Got it, and filled it out this morning!

testing