Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

PLAY! DATES ARE GETTING A MAKEOVER - SHARE YOUR IDEAS!

Hi PLAY'ers,

Exciting news to share! In an effort to make our monthly PLAY! DATES even more accessible and fun, we are looking to you to help us rethink the experience.

Reply to this post with your ideas and recommendations for what you want to see at your local PLAY! DATE.  This could be product types, activities, or time/date preferences. All ideas welcome! This is about you.

We'll be taking feedback though the end of October, so get your share on!

xoxo

Team PLAY!

RE: PLAY! DATES ARE GETTING A MAKEOVER - SHARE YOUR IDEAS!

The boxes should go out sooner. My box doesn't come until the 21st. By the time I actually get the box to try to sign up for a play date then the limited hosting stores doesn't have openings.

I am in agreement with a lot of people here: more stores...

I am in agreement with a lot of people here: more stores hosting them. The closest store that hosts them is a more than 2 hour drive one way from me. I live in the Capital District of NY, and having to drive to CT isn't going to happen for me. NYC is even further away. I would love to attend, if this was within reach.

Oh yeah...let us use our play passes online. My closest S...

Oh yeah...let us use our play passes online. My closest Sephora doesn't carry everything in store. For example, I want to purchase the KVD Saint and Sinner palette, which is out of stock at my Sephora. I would buy right now if I could use it online. Now I have to either wait to see if there will be a restock, or order without the extra points.
Anonymous Insider

Re: Oh yeah...let us use our play passes online. My closest S...

I think the purpose of the play pass is to entice you to go to a storefront rather than stay home online. Generally people buy more things if they are able to see it, try it out, and get associate recommendations. Obviously not great for your wallet but great for Sephora. It's to push you to go to the store and therefore buy more than you would have just looking online.

baker271974 wrote:
Oh yeah...let us use our play passes online. My closest Sephora doesn't carry everything in store. For example, I want to purchase the KVD Saint and Sinner palette, which is out of stock at my Sephora. I would buy right now if I could use it online. Now I have to either wait to see if there will be a restock, or order without the extra points.

Play! Dates in as many stores as possible. They don't hav...

Play! Dates in as many stores as possible. They don't have to be every month in each place but every store should host a couple of Play! Dates a year. At least one. That's as low as I'll go. As far as ideas for the dates, I'd love to see Sephora Pros in areas that aren't NY or LA or where ever they call home. Please let us Midwesterners have a chance to fangirl over David Razzano or Amy Suchma in person! Send someone to The Green in Kettering, OH. I only visited but it's an example of a good store that would be fun place to have a Play! Date.

I wish there were more locations that offered play dates. In the Phoenix area we only have one store so spots fill up quickly. Maybe another time could be added for markets that do not have access to as many Play date stores. Another idea is to rotate the play dates into the monthly beauty class schedule. People already coming to the classes can have this option. The box is a good way to earn extra points towards your insider status. It helps to solidify that community Sephora is trying to build.

Re: PLAY! DATES ARE GETTING A MAKEOVER - SHARE YOUR IDEAS!

i am so happy with my box! the shade isnt perfect color but i will go and get a custom sample of my right shade... im using this months bag to my trip to Paris! all travel size and lovely products! the COVER FX drops is AMAZING! 

SephoraPLAY wrote:

Hi PLAY'ers,

Exciting news to share! In an effort to make our monthly PLAY! DATES even more accessible and fun, we are looking to you to help us rethink the experience.

Reply to this post with your ideas and recommendations for what you want to see at your local PLAY! DATE.  This could be product types, activities, or time/date preferences. All ideas welcome! This is about you.

We'll be taking feedback though the end of October, so get your share on!

xoxo

Team PLAY!

more stores that do it I live in NYC and only one in all...

more stores that do it I live in NYC and only one in all of nyc have this and it's always booked before I get my box

It's disappointing because there aren't any locations that offer the "Play" dates in my area.  We only have a Sephora inside JCP and they don't participate.

i really enjoy going to the play dates at #sephoralenox. i find trying the products on with expert coaching is very useful. also trying what was in the other play boxes is great. and of course being able to use the play pass in person or online would great! it would great if the play dates were on Saturday mornings or on a weekday afternoon. also refreshments would be nice. 

More locations!  The existing locations are not convenient for me.

I think it would be awesome if the play dates were made more web friendly. I am an avid online shopper because i don't drive and i don't live in a town with a decent mall. It would be amazing if there was a live stream for the play dates on the app or web page, so beauty insiders like me get the most out of there play subscription. Also, I think you should be able to register your play pass online. Maybe even restrict the online play pass registration to those who watch the live stream, if its possible. Also, it would be nice if members that are both VIB and Play subscribers got something extra, like a discount, extra item, or an exclusive how to video.

Those are great ideas!  I totally agree.

I agree! I would love more online options.

I agree with the numerous comments about the play pass be...

I agree with the numerous comments about the play pass being eligible for online orders. I am disabled, cannot drive, and the locations that hold Play dates are too far and too costly to take an Uber to get there. perhaps you could live stream at least one of the events so that those of us that cannot attend in person can view it online??
Anonymous Insider

I so agree with you as I am disabled, and my illness keep...

I so agree with you as I am disabled, and my illness keeps me from getting out majority of the time. This would help so much and would be so very much appreciated.

I couldn't agree more with those that mention the play pass should be redeemable online. I live too far from a Sephora to attend the one play date that was within a 2 hour drive from me. Let us at least take full advantage of the box we get by getting the 50 point credit. It's not even enough for anything in the rewards bazaar but it's something and with 2 months saved we can get another sample of our choice from the bazaar. I feel this would be a super simple fix that should already be in place to make us subscribers happier with the boxes. 

I think it should be more than one method of redeeming the cards. We should be able to redeem the PLAY cards online. It would make it so much easier for those of us who aren't close to a Sephora store or a JC Penny 

Anonymous Insider

I agree that there aren't enough locations hosting Play! dates. I live in Orlando, FL and there's only one location that does it. In a city as big as Orlando, you would think they would host them in more than one store. It would also be nice if they were a little earlier; for people who have to get up early for work the next day, it would be nice if they happened around 6PM or 7PM instead of 8PM. I enjoyed getting to see some of the other items that came in different boxes, but it seemed like the last Play! date I went to they were demoing products that weren't in any of the boxes, which I feel defeats the purpose.

Would love it if hey expand to more cities, I live outside Kansas City and the closest one is Chicago! Would love to attend a play date to learn more about using the products!

I live in Portland, but the closest "play date" is always at the sephora in a JCP in a mall outside of Portland in Tigard. Trying to get out there and then home for dinner on a work night is terrible. Maybe rotate the stores where the play dates are held? The last one I went to promised a free play box for a friend if you RSVP and brought a friend. My fiend was disappointed when they just offered her two little samples because "too many people showed up". What's the point of the rsvp? It didn't inspire her to subscribe.
testing