Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

Foundation doesn't match profile

I was so excited to receive the Hourglass foundation stick in my play box until I took it out and the swatch was way too dark. My profile said I have fair skin and the color they sent was squarely out of the fair and into the light shades. Anyone else experience this? I switched my profile to porcelain to hopefully avoid this in the future. Bummer because the foundation looks awesome.

Re: Foundation doesn't match profile

Yes!  My profile says light skin and fine hair and my first box came this week with the darkest foundation, very dark concealer and a hair coco butter for coarse, thick hair.  Huh???  

Sephora customer service said:

"The PLAY! by SEPHORA beauty experts handpicks a selection of prestige products to include in each box. We are unable to include samples as per requests. We are unable to process refund as we have already processed the box based on your profile. We handpick each of the products that are featured in the PLAY! by SEPHORA boxes, and most months you will receive one or more products selected for you based your PLAY! PROFILE"

hmmmm....

Well, I'm happy and not happy to see others had the same issue. This was my first Play box and my profile was set to Medium. My two samples are ridiculously dark - I actually thought it was a mix up! I just came and switched my profile to Light, but it sounds like it really doesn't matter.

Is this typical, or do the samples typically do a better job of matching your profile?

Mine is the same and I can't even access my play profile at the moment to see what went wrong. 

RE: Foundation doesn't match profile

The same exact thing happened to me. And it's not like I can even use it as contour because it's too light for that. I don't wanna switch my profile to porcelain though because I don't want a foundation that's too light for me either.
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing