Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Skincare

I know there are a lot of posts about skincare, but I have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin. I used to use face wash with sycalic acid but I found it too drying over time. I used to use Clean and Clear Persa Gel 10 with benzoyl peroxide to get ride of acne, and when I reverted back to using it, because Clinique 3 step skincare wasn't helping, it made my skin red when I placed it. My skin gets so oily with clinique 3 step that I HAVE to wash my face 3 times a day if I cant stand it anymore. I want somethi ng gentle enough to not irritate my skin, but effective enough to help with acne. Lately this past year I have not broke out a lot, but right now I am breaking out a little bit. Any recommendations of cleansers or toners? 

Re: Skincare

Change the step your using they have a 2 and a four also

I know this might sound a little counterintuitive but I think you might be over-drying (dehydrating) your skin which is causing it to produce more oil. I used Clinique 3-step for years as a teenager and my skin always remained oily. I would try a gel cleanser like the Fresh Soy Cleanser, Kate Somerville Exfolikate cleanser or Cerave gentle cleanser from the drugstore. I would add a toner (something without alcohol) like the PIXI Glycolic Toner or REN Ready Steady Glow. Lastly don't skip a moisturizer, a gel formula that is more hydrating then moisturizing like the Belif Aqua Bomb or the Tatcha Water Cream will work with your skin type. There are other steps you can add, but use these 3-steps before jumping into anything too complicated. Hope this helps! @lovelyskin27

Thank you so much! Is your skin no longer oily? 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing