Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

SOS

So, I have oily skin and I use the foundations: Makeup For Ever Mat Velvet, Lancome teint idole, and Becca ever matte shine proof. I'm looking for a holy grail primer that keeps you looking matte or at least not a grease pot. I do not want a moisturizing primer, because i put on moisturizer before I put my makeup on. I am in the process of reducing some of my acne scaring with two topical creams, one for morning and one for night, just food for thought 🙂

Thanks in advance,

Haleigh

Tags:

Re: SOS

The Becca Ever-Matte primer is definitely the heavyweight of oil-control primers, but it can be difficult to work with. I've got a perpetually oily, shiny nose, and this is the only product that can contain it. But for me, it works best if I apply it AFTER I apply my foundation. Take a tiny bit, warm it between your fingers, and gently tap it on. Put on too much and it will leave a white cast; it takes some practice. But it keeps me shine-free well into the afternoon, a feat never before achieved.

If you need an overall oil-control primer and have troubles using the Becca that way, I'd also recommend Make Up For Ever's mattifying primer. It's a lot easier to use over larger areas, and goes on underneath your foundation like normal.

I'm am definitely going to give this primer a try! I'm going to try the la base primer from Lancome with my Lancome teint idole. I will also be getting a sample of the Becca primer! 

Hey!!

I definitely feel like I can relate to always looking for the 'holy grail' of primers for oily skin. If you haven't given Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfecter, you definitely should! Although it works differently for everyone, since I started using it a few months ago I cannot go back. I notice that I do not have to use oil blotters throughout the day and have received so many compliments on how nice my skin looks!

LOVE it!

Thank you so much for the input, appreciate it! I'm going to give it a try!

RE: SOS

Try Becca ever matte primer or the Dr Brandt Pores No More mattifying primer, both are great for oily skin. The becca one targets super oily skin so it's super mattifying, I would suggest to try a sample of each primer first to make sure if they're what you're looking for.

Re: RE: SOS

I'm going to get a sample of both, thanks!!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing