Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Routine Advice??

Hello! I have oily skin (duh 😆) that is acne-prone (especially in the maskne areas except I don’t have to wear a mask to break out), but not sensitive unless I mess around too much with my actives. I would appreciate it if I could get some advice on my current routine and for what I could possibly add (esp looking for good reef-safe sunscreen and moisturizer recs!). I apologize in advance for the long post!

Preferably, I’d like to use products that are 100% cruelty-free (vegan isn’t a necessity, but is a nice bonus).

I should also add that I am autistic, so while my skin isn’t sensitive to products, I am sensitive to how products feel on my face. That’s my biggest problem when looking for sunscreens, as they all feel quite thick and heavy.

Routine:

Youth to the People Superfood Cleanser (LOVE!)

• I occasionally use CeraVe’s benzoyl peroxide cleanser, once or twice a week

Biossance BHA + Squalane Toner (new addition to routine, been about a week and I like it so far)

Peace Out acne serum (love how gentle it is, been a holy grail for years) and Glow Recipe BHA + AHA strawberry serum

• I never use them in the same routine, and I just ordered the Inkey List’s niacinimide serum to help cut back on the acids. I also ordered their retinol serum to use at night (I wouldn’t use the toner in the same routine as this product)

Murad oil and pore mattifer spf moisturizer (morning) and Clinique dramatically different gel moisturizer (night)

• The Murad product is great at controlling my oils, but it feels thick and heavy on application and it feels wrong to goop it over my current acne spots, if that makes any sense.
  • I love the texture and weight of the Clinique product and have been using it for years, but I hate that they test on animals 😢 They do so “only when required by law,” which for me is a no-go.

Thank you!

Re: Routine Advice??

Hi friend!

I definitely feel you about having acne prone skin, oiliness, and (in my case) sensitive skin 😵💫

A few sunscreen’s that I’ve used and love how they feel on my skin are:

Supergoop! Mini Mineral Mattescreen Sunscreen SPF 40 .67 oz / 20 mL 

Supergoop! Mini Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ 20 mL 

Both are clean and the mattescreen is vegan. Not sure if they are cruelty free. When applied they give light coverage finish, and are light weight. I will say that if you want to try it out to ask for a sample.

Hope this helps!

Re: Routine Advice??

Hi Cassy! Thank you so much, I have once used a supergoop sunscreen (I forget which one, it’s been a couple years) and I did like how it felt, but it pilled when I started sweating. I’ll def give these a try!!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing