Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Primer

Hey guys, I have really oily skin and no primer seems to work with my foundation, I use the Lancôme foundation and I’ve used the hydrogrip primer, elf putty primer, smashbox, and the Laura mercier primer. Any recommendations? Also any recommendations for a skin tint. 

Re: Primer

Every list for oily skin primers seems to have the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer & so do most YouTubers I watch for oily skin rec's. 

In addition to the layering tip another poster gave, I've seen YT folks that suggest layering setting spray. So primer - foundation - setting spray (applied to your beauty blender sponge) - powder - setting spray. 

I personally haven't seen any benefit to using "setting powder" and a finishing powder - I always seem to turn out cakey + more product to oxidize/oil-change colors. I prefer the look of finishing powders. 

Have you try Tarte Poreless Mattify primer?

@exmeee Have you tried applying a primer, a powder, then your foundation and powder again?

@missjeanie  no I haven’t, it doesn’t make the makeup look Cakey?

@exmeee I have dry skin so I've never tried it myself.  But it's a technique that I've seen a few others try with success.  Just a thin layer of powder under the foundation.  Maybe give it a shot on a day where you don't have to be anywhere?

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing