Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Primer/setting spray?

I have combination/oily skin and I’ve yet to find a primer that really works. I’ve tried Tarte, various Smashbox ones, and I’m halfway through a bottle of Fenty. I don’t need any help creating a dewy look (thanks genetics) so I really need something to help absorb the oil. I also have been using Urban Decay’s setting spray, but haven’t noticed a huge difference in how my makeup stays on. Any suggestions?

Re: Primer/setting spray?

@RMKBusch 

For primer I like using MAC Skin Refined Zone for my t-zone and using YSL Touche Eclat Blur Primer for the rest of my face.

Have you tried the Morphe Setting Spray, Make Up for Ever Mist and Fix Setting Spray, or MAC Prep and Prime Fix+ Mattifying Mist?

@RMKBusch I have combo skin too and I use Too Faced Primed and Peachy. I like it! I do still use blotting papers but it’s not so bad I need to, I just prefer a totally shine free look. Without blotting I just look dewy. 

@RMKBusch My skin tends to run on the oilier side and I live in a super warm and humid area, so I need some extra "hold" when it comes to primers and setting sprays to keep my makeup from sliding around.

My fave primer is NARS Pore & Shine Control and my favorite setting spray is UD De-Slick (not All Nighter).  

Good luck! ❤️

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing