Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
Anonymous Insider

Natural Looking Wedding Makeup

I'm trying to find a set of primer, foundation, and powder to even out my skin tone, cover redness and acne scars, and last all day even through the tears. I have oily, acne prone skin so I want something that will combat shine all day, won't dry out my skin, and that looks natural. I don't want to look or feel like I'm wearing makeup!

Re: Natural Looking Wedding Makeup

Hmm. that's kind of a tall order. 

I am also preparing for my wedding later this summer, so I've been experimenting with different foundations. 

Here's what I've thought so far:

Becca Evermatte is the most comfortable and worked the best for my oily skin. It's pretty medium coverage though and not especially buildable. Would work great if you don't need full coverage. May fit the bill for not looking or feeling like you're wearing makeup and with some good concealing it could work for covering everything.

MUFE HD looked good, but slid off my face in a few hours. Finish was very dewy.

Nars All Day Luminous has good staying power, but the finish is a bit too dewy for me and I had a hard time sheering it out. 

Hourglass Vanish stick foundation hands down looks the best and has great staying power. I mean I don't know why I waited so long to try this, but immediately when I put it on I felt like I just looked better. It also sheers out really nicely. That said, you can feel it sitting on your skin.

Would love to hear what you've tried and what's working for you.

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing