Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Moisturizer

Hello, I’m in desperate need for a moisturizer for oily skin, I have tired but still leaves me a little oily. 

Re: Moisturizer

Here are a few options that have worked well for me, @elmsss:

belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb (in summer. I like the moisturizing version in winter.)

CosRx Oil-Free Moisturizing Lotion with Birch Sap (great a.m. moisturizer)

Caudalie Vinosource-Hydra Moisturizing Sorbet 1.3 oz/ 40 mL 

OLEHENRIKSEN Sheer Transformation® Perfecting Moisturizer 

Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

Benton Snail Bee High Content Steam Cream (sinks in beautifully but is highly moisturizing)

Etude House Moistfull Collagen Emulsion (the emulsion is lighter than the cream, so perfect for summer)

Hi @elmsss ! I have mostly-dry combo skin, but my oily zone (on and around my nose) is VERY oily. No matter which moisturizer I use, that skin will always be at least a little oily if I don't use a mattefying primer or powder there. Moisturizers generally don't absorb oil produced by skin, since their primary job is to seal in hydration and prevent moisture loss. 

I tend to switch moisturizers based on season/weather. My usual day and night moisturizer, Vanicream Daily Facial Moisturizer, contains a lot of squalane in addition to ceramides, hyaluronic acid, and phytosterols (similar to cholesterol). Now that the weather's heating up, this lightweight moisturizer is sometimes a bit much for my oily zone (thanks to the squalane) when layered with my nightly retinal that contains evening primrose oil. You might not have this issue if your other skincare products are oil-free. 

When I don't use that Vanicream moisturizer, I use Paula's Choice CLEAR Oil-Free Moisturizer 2 oz/ 60 mL which is another lightweight moisturizer. It contains ceramides, humectant hyaluronic acid and sodium PCA, soothing licorice root, various antioxidants (including niacinamide), and cholesterol. 

CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion is another good option to consider. It's oil-free and lightweight, and contains ceramides, cholesterol, and niacinamide. 

For daytime, I sometimes skip moisturizer and let my sunscreen act as a moisturizer. I do this only with sunscreens that contain at least one good moisturizing ingredient: shea butter, dimethicone, etc. (I'd list a couple oils too, but you're probably trying to avoid those.) Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL works well as a moisturizer that leaves a natural finish, though it does also leave a siliconey feel on my skin. Check your sunscreen ingredients to see if it can double as a daytime moisturizer for you. 

@elmsss Have you tried CeraVe PM?  Nice and lightweight 🙂

Hi @elmsss! I feel your pain! My recent favorites for everyday moisturizing are Summer Fridays Cloud Dew Gel Cream Moisturizer 1.70 oz/ 50 mL and Youth To The People Mini Adaptogen Deep Moisture Cream with Ashwagandha + Reishi 0.5 oz/ 15 mL. The YTTP one looks thicc in the jar, but feels very light on the face (to me, at least!).

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing