From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin

Moisturizer before primer application suggestions?

Hey insiders!!

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good moisturizer pre primer for oily/ combination skin? I've been using "becca" matte primer but it dries my skin in any I uncomfortable way. I've used "benefit" poreless I love the way may skin feels when it's on but it gets really really oily within 2 hours of wearing it. So, if I have to stick with becca that's cool but I need a moisturizer for this skin Of mines. Help!! 😟😟

Re: Moisturizer before primer application suggestions?

You would have to see if it worked for you because I'm more on the balanced combination skin end, but Lush Cosmetics' Magical Moringa moisturizer is actually both a moisturizer AND a primer. It's got all the hydrating beauty oils for a moisturizer, but it sinks in and dries perfectly matte and acts as a primer too. It's truly magical stuff. I love it.

RE: Moisturizer before primer application suggestions?

I use first aid beauty's skin rescue mattifying gel moisturizer. Its hydrating and controls oil. I follow it with peter thomas roth's new skin to die for primer and hourglass immaculate foundation. My face stays matte for hours!

The Drunk Elephant B Hydra Gel worked great on my oily acne prone skin. I found that the key is to make sure I moisturize in the AM and PM so that my skin is more balanced. 

Try belif aquabomb, I have very oily skin and I like it because it moisturizes well but does not leave my face feeling greasy. If you want to try using the benefit poreless primer again I found using Clinique's clarifying lotion 4 after washing my face but before makeup helps me stay looking matte all day. It is very strong so if you are not a complete oil field like me it may dry out your skin, in this case I would try the clarifying lotion 3. It is the same thing only less intense.  

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing