Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin

Foundation slides right off

I'm trying my hardest to love the #HudaBeautyFauxFilterFoundationStick but I cannot for the life of me get it to stay on. I mean like for 5 minutes. I've tried milk hydro grip primer, smashbox oil and shine control primer, no primer, Mac prep and prime, tatcha liquid silk canvas. I've tried setting powders from Laura Mercier, jsc, and bareminerals. Setting sprays from too faced, Charlotte tilbury, urban decay, morphe. I literally cannot find a good combo for this foundation. I'm beyond frustrated and ready to give up. If you have oily skin and got it to stay on your face, please tell me your routine. 

Re: Foundation slides right off

I’ve never used it but if you’re having that many problems with it I’d just find another foundation like NARS Soft Matte Complete Foundation , Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Liquid Foundation , Urban Decay Stay Naked Weightless Foundation 90NN (idk why it’s saying a shade) . 

Some foundations you want to like just aren’t meant to be with certain people. You could try everything on the planet but I think you might want to find a dupe or a product similar to huda. 

I’m not an expert by any means but I think you should look at your skincare routine rather than your makeup products. If your skincare is still leaving you oily, no amount of primer or foundation will correct that. I don’t have a routine to suggest to you because I’m still working on my own but that is where I’d start. @LexxiT 

I’ve heard about people using powder underneath foundations before a but I’m not sure how well that actually works out. 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing