cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

BLUSH HELP!

Guys i'm about to give up... 

Blush WILL NOT stay on my damn cheeks. I've tried every good kind: NARS The Multiple Portofino , tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush Captivating, Estee Lauder, I tried Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Blush 09 Cool Berry, cloudpaint from Glossier... I've even started using primer and Urban Decay Chill Cooling and Hydrating Makeup Setting Spray . still NOTHING. It applies patchy no matter what (i must have oily spots on my cheeks?) and then gets more and more patchy and it makes me look like I have really ugly, uneven skin tone. But without blush I'm GHOSTLY. I even cleaned all my brushes and bought a specialty blush brush and still no dice. Any tips???? I'm a streamer so I am on camera daily and need a longwear solution that can handle 4+ hours without reapplication.

P.S. the best working one was Tarte Amazonian clay 12-hour blush but still had the patchy application problem. What's wrong with my cheeks??

Re: BLUSH HELP!

I have oily skin too and the ones from rare beauty , the liquid ones, work good for me. They stay on all day.

My suggestion would be one of the MAC Cosmetics Glow Play Blush.  It is a cream formula and I’ve personally had a lot of luck with it.
my suggestion for application would be applying before your foundation, with this formula you can use a dense brush or even your clean fingers! Really press it into the skin and then apply your favourite complexion products (you can go back in with a little blush if you feel necessary) follow that with a setting powder and setting spray! If you haven’t  already you could give a matte setting spray it a try! I love Urban Decay All Nighter Ultra Matte Makeup Setting Spray or MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Fix+ Primer and Setting Spray – Matte Finish 3.4 oz/ 100 mL 

hope this helps!!

I would definitely recommend you the SEPHORA COLLECTION Soft Matte Perfection Blush Duos, it's kind of cheap, and really helpful for oily skin. It pigments really good. 

@Allie2Action   That sounds like a frustrating problem.  Have you ever tried a liquid or gel blush?  Benefit has  thin gel Benefit Cosmetics Benetint Liquid Lip Blush & Cheek Tint Benetint .  It also comes in another shade, Benefit Cosmetics Lovetint Lip & Cheek Tint , which is red.

I'm thinking that since these products are cheek and lip stains, they should remain on the skin for a long time, until you take them off yourself.

I have the Rose tint; it's very beautiful on the cheeks and on the lips. 

thanks i’ll try it!

@Allie2Action are you using a setting spray or powder?

Yes I tagged the setting spray I’m using and I do use Fenty setting powder occasionally. Doesn’t seem to make a difference 😞

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing