cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oh, Canada!
|

Canadian Secret Santa 2018

**Sign-ups are closed**

Hi everyone! Since dyslexia cannot organize the exchange this year, I'm willing to head up a Secret Santa. I made a few changes to her rules, so please review this post carefully before signing up. 

Rules for 2018:

1. Open to both Canada & US. If in US, you must be willing to ship to Canada. If in Canada, you can specify that you want to only ship within the country.
  2. Active BIC participant: Must have have a minimum 600 hearts and must have posted at least once within the last 3 months (since July 10, 2018). Since this is my first time running this exchange and we've had the recent change from BT to BIC, I'm going to be strict with this requirement.
    You can check your hearts by going to your profile at https://www.sephora.com/users/[YOUR USERNAME HERE] scroll down to posts, and click on "view all" - top right will show your total hearts received. 
    It isn't intended to reinforce a clique at all, but since we are exchanging some personal information, I want to ensure that the people who sign up will follow through. One of the ways we do that is by selecting an eligibility requirement based on activity and involvement in the community. If you don't meet the requirements this year, please be encouraged to continue to participate in the community in the future! 
  3. Exchange will run via Elfster -- when you sign up please PM me with your email address so I can send your invite.
  4. Deadlines:
    Sign-up cut off date: Friday, October 26, midnight EST
    Matching day: between Saturday, October 27 and Monday, October 29 Please also have your Elfster wishlist(s) up to date by then.  
    Ship-by date: Tuesday, December 11th (based on Canada Post shipping guidelines for 2018). Feel free to send sooner!
  5. Spending minimum is CAD$50. This is a minimum, not a maximum. You may go over the minimum limit, but there is no expectation nor is it necessary for you to do so. This is a total, so it can be made up of either one bigger item, or a few smaller items.

Participants:

• lachaton
  • bakeamuffin
  • GG84
  • myxducky
  • Kim888
  • Indy701
  • Guessgal
  • shopaholic15
  • melissapurple22
  • Aaliaa
  • scott1201
  • seymore3
  • Nickelliebear1

Re: Canadian Secret Santa 2018

Yes, I believe it should have gone out to everyone!

@GG84 I did 

Take 2. Sephora ate my post when I hit submit 😭 Nooo!!!! So recreating my post and crossing my fingers that second times a charm!

Anyway, I managed to make it back in town and to the post office before it closed today to pick up my gift from @Aaliaa 😊🎄🎉.

It came all looking festively wrapped!20181209_180708.jpg

First of all, I love the tazo passion tea! I don't drink a lot of herbal teas but when I do, passion tea is one of them! I was super sad when starbucks discontinued the hot passion teasfrom their menu! So super excited!!

20181209_181644.jpg

And it's kinda funny because my secret santa bought me items that have been kicking around on my wishlist forever but for some reason I just never purchased for myself! I have wanted the ND Super Glow since it was released but it just never made it to my cart. Same with the tangle teezer! But I am definitely excited for both! the ND all over body and face shimmer is the only highlighter Ive actually finished on its entirety so I have high hopes for the super glow!

I love all the extra sheet masks and laneige lipmask! it is ultra dry in Alberta all the time. It definitely has some pros, but definitely some cons too, so hydation is always super important!

I'm super excited for the honey! i have a long list of baking I need to complete this week in anticipation of Christmas, so Im excited to throw this honey into the mix of tarts and cookies!

Thanks so much ❤

Oh sorry the Tazo wasn't wrapped. I was just about to seal your box when I remembered and knew if I wrapped it I wouldn't get to post office in time!

@Aaliaano worries. it all gets unwrapped eventually anyway 🙂

Yay you got it!!! Haha, its funny because I had just got my new Tangle Teezer when elfie's were announced and though its a weird present I know how nice it is so I wanted to get you one. I hope the spoons arrived safe, I thought they would be cool decorations since you love to bake. Glad you liked everything!

I haven't tried the brush yet, but I'm super excited for it!

Unfortunately,  few of the chocolate spoons broke but that's okay, that doesn't affect the taste of them 😁

Thanks so much again, @Aaliaa!

Ooo so many cool items! The dark chocolate spoons are so intriguing 😯 @myxducky

what a lovely gift @myxducky ! Looks like some very yummy items!

@myxducky Wow what cute wrapping! Lucky timing that you made it to the post office! Everyone has had such great Elfies ❤🖤

seems like my gift is out for delivery, but I'm currently out of town and won't be getting home til this afternoon/evening! so depending whether they leave it at my door or if I have to go pick it up (because the PO closes at 6PM), there may or may not be a unboxing tonight 😊 but for sure, tomorrow, if I make it home after 6PM today!

I came home late last night to a gift from my elf @scott1201! I don’t even know where to begin! I love how they were wrapped with mini Christmas tree decorations 😄🎄Pretty funny but I sat there debating whether to open it bc the wrapping looked too pretty 🙈 
194738E7-8136-497B-90A7-ABDACCD01E31.jpeg

0DE59E15-0DA9-4CE8-8B30-3C772DCDE4DB.jpeg

The advent calendar already had me squealing - I hadn’t had one in so long and cannot wait to count down to the holidays with it! @scott1201 really took my answers to the elfster Q&A to another level. When I said I liked trying interesting snacks, I wasn’t expecting a cookie butter spread and chocolate from her trip to South Korea & the Philippines 😱😍 

I literally jumped up and down holding what I thought would be an umbrella from its shape; it turned out to be better than the umbrella on my wishlist!!!! Starry Night by Van Gogh is my favourite painting and @scott1201 managed to find an umbrella with this design on it! I am in awe!! 😯 606D40CA-25D8-41A3-AD33-8C659F911D1D.jpeg

Next was Charlotte Tilbury. I have been eyeing her blushes ever since an SA made my face glow using it maybe 3?! years ago. So this was a huge surprise for me! Along with the cute liquid lipstick set!! Swoon! 🥰 I’m also excited to try all the new masks and mini lippies! I don’t have any of these colours yet so I can’t wait to dabble in them! And Ofc the magnetic brush to add to my magnetic display!

It all came in the reusable Texas bag where my elf is from too! I love this idea. Honestly, I would’ve already been super happy if I just received the Van Gogh umbrella, but @scott1201 you were so creative with my gift; thank you so much for all the lovely items and personalizing it for me. Hope everyone has a fantastic holiday! ❄️

What an amazing umbrella @Guessgal!! Elfie @scott1201 really made your gift special 🎄☃️🖤

She sure did 😇 I won’t be dreading gloomy weather anymore with this umbrella in hand! @GG84

wow that is such a gorgeous umbrella  @Guessgal! And that cookie butter sounds amazing 😊 Enjoy all your goodies!!

@myxducky  Oh it was! My sister even asked where she could find some cookie butter for herself too 😂

Such a lovely gift @Guessgal and such amazing wrapping

@Kim888  Yes, I’m glad I took a bunch of photos of the wrapping before opening everything 🙈

I’m sososo happy it arrived and you enjoy it, @Guessgal! It was so much fun shopping for you 🎅🏽🤶🏼🤗❤️❄️🎁 Have a happy (and dry) holiday and new year!

Awww thank you again @scott1201! I tried the Cookie Butter spread yesterday and I really like that there’s a subtle sweetness to it and smells like gingerbread! Hope you enjoy the holidays too! 🎀

I couldn't wait to meet my Elfie, it worked out that she would be in my city so she was able to hand deliver my gift today (she let me know who she was before hand for anyone concerned). It was really sweet and kind of you to ensure that these treasures arrived safely @myxducky! Her kindness didn't end there, she jam packed this box with the best of the best, all the things my heart has been yearning for! I was gasping in excitement as I opened these beautifully wrapped gifts, I could tell that she put so much time and thought into my gift 💗 Everything from the subtle touches of Halloween to the sweets are right up my alley. I'm so grateful and totally floored, thank you a million times over @myxducky, if I could hug you again I would!!! 😊 Elfie, all of your wrapping was amazing! I loved it!Elfie, all of your wrapping was amazing! I loved it!

This wrapping paper is SO PRETTY, I almost didn't want to open them so they could sit under my tree =)This wrapping paper is SO PRETTY, I almost didn't want to open them so they could sit under my tree 😃

20181207_192415.jpg

I have been eyeing this ND palette since it was released, I can't wait to play with it! I can believe she got me something from each of my favorite brands! She went out of her way to get this PMG gloss for me, too *big heart!*I have been eyeing this ND palette since it was released, I can't wait to play with it! I can believe she got me something from each of my favorite brands! She went out of her way to get this PMG gloss for me, too *big heart!*

I was just searching for socks, my Elfie must have known these would come in handy (and they're Nightmare Before Christmas, one of my favorite movies)! I can't wait to have my morning tea in the cuter-than-anything Pusheen mug! I have a sweet tooth so these treats will go quick, I can't wait to do some baking with these unique sprinkles!!I was just searching for socks, my Elfie must have known these would come in handy (and they're Nightmare Before Christmas, one of my favorite movies)! I can't wait to have my morning tea in the cuter-than-anything Pusheen mug! I have a sweet tooth so these treats will go quick, I can't wait to do some baking with these unique sprinkles!!

317 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos59
  • FADDB338-D82A-4F74-9829-6C82473094CC.gif
  • B2D22437-F0C1-4BE9-9025-7269FB081934.gif
  • B8425384-1B28-45F9-86E2-98543C9A46B3.gif
  • GifsPro-id8143204-Christmas-gifs-of-Merry-Christmas.gif
  • tumblr_o28zvvhCgh1r0klrdo1_500
  • 73A8D17D-DFDA-40D6-93D7-5483748F40CF.gif
  • original.gif
  • On my way to the mall!
  • giphy.gif