cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Oh, Canada!
|

Canadian Secret Santa 2018

**Sign-ups are closed**

Hi everyone! Since dyslexia cannot organize the exchange this year, I'm willing to head up a Secret Santa. I made a few changes to her rules, so please review this post carefully before signing up. 

Rules for 2018:

1. Open to both Canada & US. If in US, you must be willing to ship to Canada. If in Canada, you can specify that you want to only ship within the country.
  2. Active BIC participant: Must have have a minimum 600 hearts and must have posted at least once within the last 3 months (since July 10, 2018). Since this is my first time running this exchange and we've had the recent change from BT to BIC, I'm going to be strict with this requirement.
    You can check your hearts by going to your profile at https://www.sephora.com/users/[YOUR USERNAME HERE] scroll down to posts, and click on "view all" - top right will show your total hearts received. 
    It isn't intended to reinforce a clique at all, but since we are exchanging some personal information, I want to ensure that the people who sign up will follow through. One of the ways we do that is by selecting an eligibility requirement based on activity and involvement in the community. If you don't meet the requirements this year, please be encouraged to continue to participate in the community in the future! 
  3. Exchange will run via Elfster -- when you sign up please PM me with your email address so I can send your invite.
  4. Deadlines:
    Sign-up cut off date: Friday, October 26, midnight EST
    Matching day: between Saturday, October 27 and Monday, October 29 Please also have your Elfster wishlist(s) up to date by then.  
    Ship-by date: Tuesday, December 11th (based on Canada Post shipping guidelines for 2018). Feel free to send sooner!
  5. Spending minimum is CAD$50. This is a minimum, not a maximum. You may go over the minimum limit, but there is no expectation nor is it necessary for you to do so. This is a total, so it can be made up of either one bigger item, or a few smaller items.

Participants:

• lachaton
  • bakeamuffin
  • GG84
  • myxducky
  • Kim888
  • Indy701
  • Guessgal
  • shopaholic15
  • melissapurple22
  • Aaliaa
  • scott1201
  • seymore3
  • Nickelliebear1

Re: Canadian Secret Santa 2018

@GG84 ๐Ÿ˜‚. Same. 

Haha I'm already seconding this - I did some very exciting shopping for my Elf but no promises on how the wrapping will look wrapping-presents-e1324610854241.jpg

Question - I need to remove something from my list as a friend gifted it to me today...is this an issue since I cant see if my elfie purchased anything?

@GG84 The recommendation for everyone is not to change your list since names have been drawn and people have started shopping (especially with the sale on). 

I would say that if you are going to remove anything from your list, do so ASAP so that hopefully there arenโ€™t any issues with your elfโ€™s shopping and to try and avoid duplicates ๐Ÿ™‚ 

giphy.gif

@myxducky I DID IT!!!!!!!

IncompatibleSpectacularBlobfish-small.gif

yay!!!๐Ÿ˜

So excited! Planning my shopping and gift wrapping now! โ›„๏ธ๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿคถ๐Ÿผ

On my way to the mall!On my way to the mall!

@scott1201 OoO I wish I had a reindeer! I only have a Chihuahua ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜Ž Happy Shopping!

Do you mark on your matches wish list when you buy something off it or if you buy something that is on your list? Sorry if this sounds dumb I just  want to double check as I start to get stuff on my matches list โ˜บ๏ธThanks  ๐Ÿ’œ  Have fun shopping everyone!!! 

@melissapurple22  I think it would be best to mark purchases off your giftee's wish list in case they're using the same wishlist for another exchange so others will know it's purchased and won't buy the same item ๐Ÿ™‚

Iโ€™ve been checking off items that I get @melissapurple22 โ˜บ๏ธ

@melissapurple22 They cant see that you've purchased the item ๐Ÿ˜‰ we cant see whats been bought on our own lists.

I've been marking items I've purchased off the person I've been matched to's list!

I don't plan to buy anything I've added to my own wishlist because I don't want to foil people's gifting plans!

73A8D17D-DFDA-40D6-93D7-5483748F40CF.gif

The Shopping has begun! ๐Ÿ˜„ Iโ€™m so excited Elfie, Iโ€™ve already grabbed a couple things off your list โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’šโค๏ธ 

I cant post fun Gifs...its because of you Android isnt it..

@GG84   I have an android too! I just googled and save gifs to share lol ๐Ÿคฃ but i guess my phone let's me post gifs too in the same way you would post emojis!

@myxducky Really? You can post from there..right beside the emojis is the Gifs..but when I try to post here I get an error msg saying "you cannot post that here"  I have an S8.

ohhh...youre right. @GG84

I just tried and the emoji gifs dont work for me unless I have them saved to my phone on upload them like an image on here. I have an S7.

Thatโ€™s so sad @GG84 ๐Ÿ˜ข Iโ€™m an iPhone user so I think we should definitely blame the Android ๐Ÿ˜œ 

I am super excited to and already started picking up things ๐Ÿ˜Š

original.gif

except minus the snow... I can wait for that to come way later ๐Ÿคฃ

Hahaha me too @myxducky!! 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos59
  • FADDB338-D82A-4F74-9829-6C82473094CC.gif
  • B2D22437-F0C1-4BE9-9025-7269FB081934.gif
  • B8425384-1B28-45F9-86E2-98543C9A46B3.gif