cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Parents Only
|
Anonymous Insider

Dry skin

I am in my early 30s and I feel my skin changing more my face and body getting dryer, how often should I exfoliate my face?

RE: Dry skin

Hi, @Anonymous I’m almost 30 and I feel your pain about your skin drying out over the years, I have also noticed this. You want to make sure that you are exfoliating twice a week, this removes any dead skin cells and helps nourish your skin. I recommend Dr. Brandt’s microdermabrasion age defying exfoliator, this really works well for my dry skin. Also, make sure you’re moisturizing at least twice a day. Ifyour schedule allows for you to moisturize 3 Times a day, go for it. You want to go with a moisturizer that has shea butter. I recommend the L’occitane Ultra Rich cream. Hope I can help, from one Mommy to another 🙂 Below I posted a picture of my skin without foundation I just have a little concealer as I do suffer from dark circles. My skin was not always like this...but with the skincare regime I have explained, it is possible! PS: invest in a good Vitamin C serum if you have not already. I will give you a good recommendation if needed! Ciao!

RE: Dry skin

I second the response from previous poster. Stronger (chemical) exfoliation twice a week for me as well. I had normal skin my whole life until I hit my 30’s and had a kid. Now, my skin is very, very dry and I have to be diligent about exfoliating and moisturizing. Moisturizing at night and early in morning to allow time to soak it in works best. Good luck!

Re: Dry skin

My skin type changed in my early-mid thirties too. The big change in exfoliation I made was moving from mostly physical (scrubs and whatnot) to chemical (peels and acids). The frequency would depend on what products you use, but I was able to still exfoliate 2x a week or so this way without drying my skin out. Now I use one almost every day, but my whole skincare routine is a lot more elaborate than it was 5 years ago.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
testing