Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Men Who Makeup

what to use to cover 5 oclock shadow?

I am asian and my foundation that true to skin tone is fenty matte  shade 270

When i look in the mirror, my beard shadow seem to be blue -grey shade after shave it. 

I am consider my self trans and I dont know how to completely erase the 5 o clock shadow . Ive done some research and they said to use orange corrector but i wasnt sure if that is the case. If any one know a good corrector and the right color please let  me know. Any tips and tricks to cover my beard shadow with less product and efficient is also welcome. Thank you

what to use to cover 5 oclock shadow?

Hi Ezra While I dont have the skills to give a recommendation on the cover question, I do have a related suggestion. Consider laser treatments to at least reduce the amount of hair? I have done it, no not cheap, but i wish I would have started earlier. As you age, the facial hair gets more difficult to laser and when/if the grey shows up - laser if virtually ineffective on it. Best wishes, looks like you have some great support and input!

RE: what to use to cover 5 oclock shadow?

Dear Ezra, I would use any cream makeup with an orange tint. Try Sephora Collection Lipstories Lipstick color 37 Hot in Havana or Makeup for Ever Artist Rouge Lipstick in C304 Orange. You also to layer foundation first, then layer some of the orange over the beard or any area where you get the shadow and then layer some more foundation with soft-pressing-motion using a Beauty Blender. When you get the coverage you like set it with Laura Mercier Translucent Powder and if you want more coverage you could also use some Makeup For Ever Matte Velvet Powder Foundation and go for colors on your foundations and powders that has some peachy tone. All of these will help you to keep the skin looking flawless, All the best, ilde Goncalves SephoraProTeam

RE: what to use to cover 5 oclock shadow?

Yes they are right, use an orange concealer to cover the green/blueish color from your beard coming in, after you apply the orange concealer powder it and then do foundation on top of that.
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing