Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life

Business with Blue Eyes

Hey Everyone!

I'm starting a job in the business world. I have blue eyes. I am not huge into makeup, but want to have a nice go-to look. I'm wondering what a good eye shadow palette would be for me. I like color, but I'm not super confident in using it in makeup yet...so some good nudes might be best!

Thanks!

Taylor

Re: Business with Blue Eyes

I saw ULTA just put the Bare Minerals bareSensuals READY shadow palette on sale for $27 (normally $45). That''d be another good option, and it has some nice mauves (in addition to browns) that would look good, be work-appropriate.

Re: Business with Blue Eyes

Hi, @tlcaravello,

Congrats on the new job. Nudes/browns actually look good on blue eyes, and are great for a professional environment, so you're in luck there. Not sure what your budget is, but a few palettes come to mind. The ones I'm recommending lean towards matte shades, which look more professional than shimmery/glittery shades.

Urban Decay currently has the Naked Ultimate Basics (I think on clearance) for $27. That is a really good basic palette of matte neutrals perfect for work.

The Tarte Tartelette in Bloom or Tarte Amazonian Clay Matte ($39 per palette for 12 shades each) would be good options, as well.

If your budget is a little lower, the Milani Everyday Eyes palette in Basic Mattes or Must-Have Neutrals (only about $11 each, available at Target, Wal-Mart ,ULTA, etc) would be good options for starting out.

Good luck with the job!

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing