Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

What is your every-day minimalist makeup routine?

hey everyone, tell me about your every day routine, what you put on, how long it takes, and the tones you like. For me, every morning I put on sunblock and on the occasional day, moisturizer. I then apply a bit of blush on my cheeks and nose, with some lip liner towards the inside rim of my lips for the subtle ombre look and some gloss on top. I curl my lashes and BAM i'm done, only took me 5 minutes and it suits me well. Share some looks with me if you have the time!!  Kaja Cheeky Stamp Blendable Blush 04 Feisty 

Re: What is your every-day minimalist makeup routine?

I think I still spend too much time looking like I'm just doing a minimal look haha

It takes me ~20 min to do my makeup (while watching YT videos).

I still do a full face minus the highlighter and heavy contouring and just stick with brown tones for my eyes. 

I don't wear makeup every day, but it's my go to! I wear Tarte shape tape concealer under my eyes & on my eyelids, MarcJacob gel highliner eyeliner to tightline & then smudge it out a little, a color of shimmer from my MAC quad custom eyeshadow palette, eyelashes or mascara, and some ABH lip gloss.

@toxicdiamonds My every day is:

CAUDALIE - Vinoperfect Anti Dark Spot Serum

Bare Minerals Ready Blush on the apples of my cheeks (It's disappeared from the site. What's happening? 😰)

Too Faced Sun Bunny Natural Bronzer Sun Bunny in the hallows of my cheeks and on my forehead (I feel like there's a name for that spot, but I'm drawing a blank right now...)

BECCA - Shimmering Skin Perfector® Pressed Highlighter - Opal a little above and slightly touching/blending in with the bronzer

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz® Ultra-Slim Precision Eyebrow Pencil Taupe to fill my brows starting from the end and stopping in the middle.

Sometimes I'll wear a lip balm or lipstick.

Hi @toxicdiamonds ! The only makeup I must wear daily—as in, won’t leave the house without unless there’s a fire or I’m being chased by a vampire horde—is brow pencil and lipstick. But my typical minimal routine changes, depending on my mood. 

My entire current morning skincare routine: 5-7 minutes 

Spoiler

Bare minimum makeup: 3-5 minutes 

Spoiler

Often plus these things: up to an additional 5 minutes 

Spoiler

Occasionally with some or all of these things: up to an additional 5-10 minutes 

Spoiler

my every day minimal makeup routine is: morning skincare, SPF, maybelline fit me concealer taped under my eyes, and around my jaw line, Bite multistick in Cashew as a cream blush, Milk lit cream highlight, Essence make me brow gel, essence lash princess mascara, and fenty gloss bomb!! 🥰

RE: What is your every-day minimalist makeup routine?

I start off with a swipe of Thayer’s rose toner, use Supergoop Daily Moisturizer with SPF 40, followed by bareMinerals COMPLEXION RESCUE™ Hydrating Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 25 Stick. For work days, I use Stilla Stay All Day eyeliner and Glossier’s bomb.com for my lips. If I’m going out, I usually dab on some MILK lip and cheek perk as a blush, and use a Kat Von D. Everlasting Liquid Lipstick. If it’s a work day, I get ready in less than 5, if I’m adding the extras, no longer than 10 minutes. (For some reason, I can’t link products, sorry!)

After washing my face I use a moisturizer and then I use the Anastasia Beverly Hills Medium Coverage Natural Finish Luminous Foundation 330W only to cover any redness and sleepless under eyes with a wet sponge, Then KVD Beauty Lock-It Setting Powder Standard Size Translucent - 0.67 oz to set that. Next is curled lashed and tarte Tartelette™ In Bloom Clay Eyeshadow Palette 12 x 0.053 oz/ 1.5 g in the darkest shade to fill in my eyebrows and BITE BEAUTY - Amuse Bouche Lipstick on the lips 🙂 

Takes me like 5-7min every morning to do this! Very nice for work or when I am just on the go!

Hi @toxicdiamonds,

I haven't tried the Kaja Cheeky Stamp blushes yet, but they look so cute and perfect for a quick makeup look. 🙂 My minimalist makeup routine consists of SUPERGOOP! - Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40bareMinerals COMPLEXION RESCUE® Tinted Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid and Mineral SPF 30 Cashew 3...., a tinted brow gel like Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW® Gel Tinted Waterproof Eyebrow Gel Blonde and a tinted lip balm like DIOR - Dior Lip Glow. I will skip mascara but will never leave the house without curling my lashes. I always feel like curling my lashes makes me look so much more awake, and really pulls my minimal makeup look together. 

Best regards,

Laurie 

Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • I wash my face in the shower. The rest of this routine takes 5-7 minutes (unless I use an eye mask).
  • The "minimal but in public:" tinted brow gel, undereye concealer, curled lashes, mascara, lip balm.
  • The "minimal but rosacea-correcting" look: swap in a lipstick and redness treatment.
  • The "minimal but work-appropriate": add in a single shadow, liner, and a light-coverage powder foundation.
  • routine.jpg
  • 2F7BF2ED-B693-4A73-82DB-3D8437FF0F9B.jpeg
testing