From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life

What are your holy grail drugstore makeup products?

My budget has gone down lately so I need to find some more drugstore faves. I freaking love the fit me concealer and the loreal lash paradise mascara. What do you guys love that you think a highschool beauty obsessed girl should add to her collection? I'm actually dying to know 😉

Tags:

RE: What are your holy grail drugstore makeup products?

I love the L’Oréal voluminous mascara line. I find they are just as good as many higher end brands and I used them for years.

Physicians formula bronzer, and the Fit Me setting powder!! (Or pretty much anything from the Fit Me collection) Wet and wild also has really good cream bronzer sticks if you like a cream bronzer.

Re: What are your holy grail drugstore makeup products?

Physician's Formula makes amazing black and brown liquid pen eyeliners; honestly, I like them just as much as the Stila Stay All Day liner.

One of my holy grail products is the, nyx honey dew me up skin serum and primer drops! I usually put it on my beauty blender to create a Dewy non drying foundation look. It kinda reminds me of the farsali drops. 🙂

Hun I completely agree I'm in your shoes 100000% w being in high school and just a lil broke:) I love NYX their Lid Lingerie is amazing and doesn't crease I can get through school day w it and not need to worry abt blending it back in w my fingers. I also loveeee the FitMe foundations and NYX total control dropper foundations. Wish you luck<3

Milani conceal and perfect foundation is BOMB for full coverage, and the Elf flawless finish foundation (comes in a glass bottle) is actually awesome too.

Milani just came out with two new eyeshadow palletes that you can get for 15$ at walmart and those are awesome quality too.

I second the physician's formula butter blushes, they are awesome! Wet and wild has good blushes as well!

Wet and wild has a great setting spray, flower beauty's sponges are awesome, I could go on and on haha. I'd love to help you though if you need recommendations for a specific category of makeup! I love talking about it! haha 🙂

RE: Re: What are your holy grail drugstore makeup products?

Thank you so much! Actually I’m looking for a very good foundation and primer for my dry sensitive skin. Maybe you know of some? 🙂

RE: Re: What are your holy grail drugstore makeup products?

My skin is try too! As far as primer, The NYX hydro touch primer (comes in a blue tube) is awesome for when my skin is dry, and I think it’s comparable to the Smashbox primerizer! I have both and they honestly work the same. I think that’s the best for dry skin, but the NYX angel veil primer is also a great option. Elf makes a wide range of primers too which have been nice and hydrating, but for prolonging wear time the NYX one is my go to. Foundation wise I don’t know if you have tried the maybelline fit me (in the dewy and smooth formula) but it is lightweight and makes your skin look so healthy. L’Oréal pro glow foundation is also awesome, Milani conceal and perfect is great for high coverage days, and my newest discovery has been the new physicians formula foundation! You’ll have to let me know if any of these end up working for you, and let me know if you would like any other suggestions! Yay let’s be friends ha ha😊😊

@jeskayjam I absolutely LOVE Physicians Formula! My most favorite products of theirs is the butter highlights and bronzers! Feels so smooth and soft on my face, and gives such a nice, natural pretty glow! I’m obsessed!

Sounds like you already have a go-to mascara, but I swear by cover girl lash blast volume (the orange one).   That's not even a dupe... I've tried numerous higher end products and none have compared! 

I also used Olay Beauty fluid with SPF for years before I had budget for expensive skincare.  I also like Neutrogena naturals purifying facial cleanser.  I  credit them both with getting me into my 30s with a great complexion. 

The physicians formula butter bronzer and the millani setting spray are two of my absolute favorite drug store items @jeskayjam ! I also really like the elf tone correcting powder! 

What are your holy grail drugstore makeup products?

When ur bank account is like u can't even afford to window shop at Sephora or ulta this month, drug store makeup is always there for u at ur brokest ❤. I love Nyx especially their eyebrow pencils, elf makeup brushes & Maybelline mascara will never let u down.

I’ve recently been soooo obsessed with the Mayballine Superstay foundation! It is full coverage, but not super cakey and it makes my skin look photoshopped! It’s almost as good if not as good as the Huda Beauty Faux Filter foundation. Definitely recommend!

Re: RE: What are your holy grail drugstore makeup products?

I came in here to mention Maybelline foundations, too.  Their Dream Smooth Mousse was my go-to winter foundation right up until they discontinued it.  When that was discontinued, I tried their Dream Liquid Mousse (not HG status, but still excellent) and Dream Matte Mousse (which I returned since I have dry skin, but seemed like it would be fantastic for someone with dry skin).

ooh girl. I live for good drug store make up. You already mentioned the fit me concealer, which i love! But i also really like the master conceal (maybelline). I swear by maybelline mascara, i loveeee lash sensational. Maybelline Master Chrome highlighters (rose gold and molten gold)...MY HOLY GRAIL HIGHLIGHTERS! (next to becca that is). RImmel London Natural bronzer, its a close dupe for the benefit hoola bronzer. Ummm....nyx is always a good bet. Go watch amy maceo on youtube, she does a lot of drugstore hauls and is honest!

@jeskayjam Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect mascara.  Essence lipstick.  NYX lipstick.  Revlon ColorStay eyeliner (pencil).  🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 41 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
testing