Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

The Hermès Thread

This thread is dedicated to all things Hermès! While Sephora doesn't carry the makeup line (maybe one day??), that doesn't stop us from wanting these pretties in our collections 😉 

hermeslip.pnghermesbrush.pnghermesblush.png

Tags:

Re: The Hermès Thread

Thanks @itsfi looks pretty! They are nicely pigmented. I did use a primer on mine and it helped keep it on for about 6 hours I would say so that’s pretty good for me if my eyelids aren’t behaving. 

I may have already asked this before, in which case, oops & sorry @Sunnysmom, but what eye primer do you use under your shadows? 

Mine isn’t technically a primer @itsfi as I love to use Trinny cream shadows for everything. Before that I have used UD which I like too but I really like the bit of shimmer that Trinny Magician, Faith and Mystery add to any of my powder shadows! What do you like? 

@Sunnysmom, I usually go with NARS Pro-Prime™ Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base or for non-matte shadows, Valentino Stick With Me Glitter Primer for Eyes, Lips, and Body 10 mL is amazing! ♥️ I’m interested in trying PAT McGRATH LABS IntensifEYES™ Longwear Eyeshadow Primer IntensifEYES™ Longwear Primary at some point; it’s in my bin but I haven’t wanted to open it while I still have both the NARS and Valentino in rotation. 

I’ve been curious about the PM primer @itsfi tho now I’ll look at the other 2 too, thank you! I don’t pay enough attention to primers and I should. They really make such a difference for sure! 

@itsfi oh thanks!

P.S. the eye brushes look pretty 😍 I was told the black serum mascara is selling out fast. @blackkitty2014 @Sunnysmom @ChristalM 

I’m curious about the mascara too @itsfi . If I didn’t have a bunch to use up I would try. I will soon I think once that happens! One YT said it built up well. One SA told me she wasn’t super impressed but I still would love to see it! Did you get to see the consistency by any chance? 

The bristles are of the thinner kind @Sunnysmom. The formula seems to be between a wet and dry mascara - creamy but not too creamy. I should have swatched it on my hand but that slipped my mind in the moment. The brown shade looks on the lighter chocolate side than say an espresso brown shade. 

Super helpful info @itsfi thank you so much! I like that idea of inbetween. Side car- (donuts did you say?! Lol) did you try the newer VBB or WA? The VBB is decent. Kind of inbetween but not too volumizing maybe.  Didn’t try the WA. 

@Sunnysmom, I’ve not tried either the new or original versions of the VBB or WA. I usually go for waterproof or tubing mascaras so I passed on the ones from those brands. Fearful of smudging. I don’t look good as a raccoon. 🦝 😂 

What @itsfi ?! No Rockys?! 😂 Same here. Ugh. Sometimes my eye creams can contribute so much to that. 

I know this isn’t a mascara thread but I also remembered that @blackkitty2014 mentioned liking Valentino Magnificent Smudgeproof Volumizing Mascara so that’s been on my wishlist for a good long bit! Have you tried per chance?! 🥰

Haven’t tried the Valentino @Sunnysmom. Mascara is the one category, maybe brow gels/pomades too, that I am actually pretty good about only having one or two products open (and in use) at any given time. Small victories, but victories nonetheless 😆 

I used to be @itsfi , then a few new ones I had to try messed all that up! Lol Thankfully I can keep brow products to a very small minimum too, phew. I’ll take it! 😆

Oh thx you @itsfi . I’m eyeing this quad. ❤️🥰😘

You are most welcome @blackkitty2014. I won’t have time to go back for a while but if my schedule changes I’ll try to get in some more swatches. I will say this, the color stays. I can usually swatch shadows and then swipe off to the swatches and with some makeup remover and elbow grease, clear the color off and swatch something else. Not so here. There’s still remnants on my arm of the last 2 shades I swatched. 😳 And I did the swatches about 3.5 - 4 hours ago. 

Thx you thx you  for enabling 🤣😂🥰😘👍 I appreciate the quick feedback. @itsfi ❤️🥰 

Turnabout is fair play @blackkitty2014, when it comes to enabling here. 😂🤣😂 Let’s see … here’s a pic of my arm now. 

IMG_5898.jpeg

You can see the last two shades still there. I’ve been running errands since swatching and removing most of the swatches. 

Forgive pic quality. Different lighting and I went in for a cupping appointment so there’s some bruising on my arm right where around where the swatches end. But, you can see that there’s still some shadow left, even with an effort to remove it.

Asking for a friend 😂🤣 what is everyone getting 😂🤣 @ChristalM @Sunnysmom @itsfi 

Lol @blackkitty2014! I can’t decide at the moment; I wouldn’t have minded if these palettes were refillable and customizable. Hahaha! But I’m happy to see that Hermes has finally released eyeshadows!! The 2 I’m stuck on are the last two in the photos. Neither has the perfect combo of colors for my liking and they’re shades we know I have in various palettes already. 😆 I *may* hold off until next month or December - at least that’s what I’ve decided in my head; moments of weakness or the need for retail therapy can always kick in before then. Lol

It’s really hard to pick @itsfi . I saw some YouTuber saying “you don’t need any of them. They’re not unique” while she’s right I doubt that any new releases that we haven’t seen at this point. I’d call it for the love of science 😂🤣 I reserve my judgement that no way this Hermes blue quad is better than the CDP blue quad I recently got. Hermes please prove me wrong 😘

470 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos85
  • hermeslip.png
  • hermesbrush.png
  • hermesblush.png
  • Hermes.jpg
  • Hermes swatches.jpg
  • Rose Plume, Nuit, Pommette
  • Plume, Nuit, Pommette
  • me with hermes.jpg
  • F9ACD7A6-898F-44D6-B2C2-BC054B72A20E.jpeg